Acebeam        

Thread: New Product Announcement - NITECORE HC65 Triple Light Source Rechargeable Headlamp

Default New Product Announcement - NITECORE HC65 Triple Light Source Rechargeable Headlamp

NITECORE HC65 Headlamp

1000 lumens max output with 120 yard throw

7 brightness levels with 4 special modes

Triple Light Source Output (Primary LED, Auxiliary High CRI LED, Auxiliary Red LED)

Designed for hiking, biking, camping, caving and more

Use coupon code CPF15OFF to save 15% at checkout

Banned

Default Re: New Product Announcement - NITECORE HC65 Triple Light Source Rechargeable Headlam

25 Lumen for the NW is very weak.

Default Re: New Product Announcement - NITECORE HC65 Triple Light Source Rechargeable Headlam

Quote Originally Posted by Nichia! View Post
    Not necessarily. The primary LED has multiple levels, and its beam throws the furthest of the three. The High CRI and Red Auxiliary LED's are, by definition, supporting/secondary means of illumination. They are not meant to provide the intensity in distance and illumination that the main LED does.
    Click Here to view my lights

The Wood is cut,
    The Bacon is cooked,
    Now itís time to sleep
    RIP our friend.

25 could be just right if it is floody. I somehow feel the secondary light is for near camp/work type situations though don't own this gear item.

Now my HC60 seems substandard.
    Too many lights to list in the signature three line limit

Agree with Nichia! but I like the general concept. Iíll probably buy one

Flashaholic

Looks interresting but how about switching system?

Unenlightened

Party Re: New Product Announcement - NITECORE HC65 Triple Light Source Rechargeable Headlam

Thatís because one of the primary uses for the auxiliary light is for reading maps etc. without any glare. In use, it is perfect for that purpose or for reading a book in camp. It is a cracking piece of kit, really solid, well thought out, without any unnecessary ďbells or whistlesĒ. I wanted a headlamp and was a bit lost with all the choice available. I looked on Ray Mears site shop as it seemed to have a small but select selection of the best of bushcraft equipment, it had that headlight and some of the cheaper plastic cased Petzl headtorches. I went for the HC65 although it was more than I really wanted to spend, a few of the Petzl reviews mentioned that the plastic casing tended to go a bit brittle after a few years. This is built like a tank, it can be submerged to 2 metreís depth, dropped 1.5 metres and even has a 5 year guarantee! Having had this for a year or so, I can really recommend it, it does everything I need it for (I primarily use it when I go wild camping). It is very powerful, although I have never really needed to use it on turbo, itís good to know itís there! Being so solid, IPX8 and submersible to 2 metres, it can also be used for potholing/caving. To me, who hasnít been potholing since well before the LED revolution (I last went about 30 years ago), itís amazing to remember the size of lamps one had to use then, with a separate battery the size of an extremely large hardback book, which you got 8 to 12 hours of light from, to this compact little beauty, that can keep going for days if necessary!