ISO single-cell end-clicky ~1,000lumen on/off spot pattern flashlight

The Municipality

Newly Enlightened
Does this even exist? Everything I find always has a bunch of different modes. I just want on and off. I may settle for something with a low/high but I definitely will not go for something with a strobe function. Help!

Boris74

Newly Enlightened
You are in luck. You just described the Streamlight HL-X. It has a ten tap program feature. I have no use for strobe or even low. So I keep it on 1000 lumens. The streamlight brand 18650 runs bright and long.

You could program it to high only or it has a lo/med/hi or default with the strobe in there. Just tap it out and you will have your high only 1000 lumen good thrower.

Modernflame

Flashlight Enthusiast
Malkoff Hound Dog 18650 comes to mind. It has a resistor ring in the head of the light which enables a low mode by slightly loosening the head, but when fully tightened it's high mode only. No strobe. No scrolling through modes. 900lm momentary, 800 sustained lumens. It does fall slightly short of your lumens requirement, but not by much. I'm not sure how much throw you're looking for, but this device has a nice punchy hot spot that reaches out quite far.

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe there is a couple of EagTac lights that meet those requirements. I do wonder though what you mean exactly when you say "Everything I find always has a bunch of different modes. I just want on and off" since there are many lights (EagTacs for one) that even though they have multiple output modes, usually have a separate switch for the mode changing or require twisting the head (EagTacs) or something. I guess I can understand why you might want to reduce the likelyhood of changing modes unintentionally but if you're going to be the only one using it then why should it matter? Just keep it in a single mode and use it as though it doesn't have more modes.

You could also just build your own using either an old Surefire 6P or some 18650 host and then find a 1k lumen drop-in to supply the light source. Solarforce is a nice and inexpensive host to use.

Last edited:

Latest posts