Klarus        
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Your Oldest LED Flashlight?

Default Re: Your Oldest LED Flashlight?

LIGHT BRANDS IN ROTATION: Zebralight, Olight, RovyVon, Astrolux, Nitecore, Thrunite, Surefire, NovaTac

Nitecore D10 R2 from 2009 or 10. I put it for sale this week, btw.
    The darkness is afraid of us.
    Flashlights are cheaper than therapy.
    🦓🔦

I have original Surefire 3P, 6P, and 9P fashlights buried around here somewhere. So I think we're talking about 20+ years or so. I think I have a flashlight problem.

Oops, I missed the "LED" part of the thread title. Please disregard. Thanks.
    Last edited by Nimitz68; 02-10-2019 at 11:24 PM. Reason: Misunderstood post

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144443...posted-public/

Two Infinities, both purple/white. An Arc "Limited Edition" AAA, and a Peak Matterhorn.
    "Rage, rage against the dying of the light..."

These are my oldest led lights that still exist.

The first is a modified Mini Maglite. And the second is a blue Photon 3. I don't think they call them that anymore.
    I may be in the market for a new one. This one has a crack in it... 😢

Original Surefire 6P with a P60L module.

I know that the 6P was introduced in 1988 but I can't remember when the P60L became available.

Still got one of the old gold-tone Radio Shack branded Steamlight Stylus (styli?) that took 3 AAAA’s with the single 5mm LED.
    Last edited by sween1911; 02-11-2019 at 08:20 AM.
    Dean Venture: "I'll get the flashlights!"
    Hank Venture: "And I'll get the astronaut Ice Cream!"

My oldest LED light is an Arc LS First Run with a low dome Luxeon. It still works well, and I use it occasionally. I have resisted the urge to modify it, because I enjoy the nostalgia. It has a decent tint, though there is a slight hint of purple. Some would say that I won the tint lottery with this one.
    I am currently accepting limited mod requests. Please send me a PM!

My oldest was made by LED Lenser called a tri-max that is 3 emitters touting a whopping 12 lumens. That means they had been able to achieve the ginormous amount of 4 whole lumens from the LED 'bulbs'. It runs off 3 N cells. Beam is pretty much purple. That one was why I thought for several years later that bulb'd lights were brighter. In 2015-ish I discovered 300 lumen LED lights and quickly became a flashaholic.

After that I acquired another tri-max still in the clamshell plastic packaging as part of a collection. They called it 'turbo series' that states 10x the previous model.

As part of my collection I have a couple of early minimag LED's. One touts a 1 watt system. The other touts 3 watts. The packaging on the 1 watt says it's black while the light is blue.

Also some 1 watt and 3 watt Pentagons and Pelicans fed by 123's.

My favorite classic in my collection is the nip ARC aaa LS. But that LED Lenser was my first ever LED flashlight. Next was an Energizer Hard Case that was 250 lumens. Goodness gracious, when I saw that thing...man that one changed my world. Next was a Coast HP7 that sits on my wife's nightstand still.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 02-17-2019 at 06:49 AM.
    John 3:16

Flashaholic*

I had a few lights, some that I miss

Wanted the county comm cmg and Inova x5, but never got one...

My first fancy light was the elektrolumens xm3 (lux iii) and a Fenix l1p - soon spent the money on a surefire l4 and e1l, and I swapped the heads, running the l4 in tactical warehouse's set up with an rcr123 - I remember the tint on mine was quite green

Then the notecore defender infinity came out, and Crees took over

Forgot I picked up a sandwich and put it inside a minimag (bb750 next gen with a lux iii in twoj bin)

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by thenikjones View Post
    Surefire L2 Digital Luminox, or similar name. Not sure if ever seen another reference to it. The L2X is mentioned much more.

It is OK, nothing special, keep it in the car for emergencies.
    It was amazing when it came out - cracked the 100 lumen barrier and was regulated on high for an HR and low for like 15

My oldest LED flashlight is a little cylindrical keychain light. I forget who made it.

The light is a small black plastic cylinder with a titanium metal sleeve around it. The steel keychain mount comes out the back of the cylinder. Twisting the keychain mount turns the light on and off.

It runs on 3 button cells. The emitter is a single 10mm red LED. The beam pattern is a dim red donut with a dim red box inside.

This light was purchased at either Brookstone or Sharper Image. It's about 30 years old and predates all of the white LED flashlights.

I still have it and it still works.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireclaw18 View Post
    My oldest LED flashlight is a little cylindrical keychain light. I forget who made it....
    Tekna ?

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...=1#post5116925
    ... is the archimedes peak

Quote Originally Posted by archimedes View Post
    That's the one! I still have it and it still works.

The oldest LED light I have is my green LRI Photon Mircolight II. Modded to a nichia GS years back. Doesn't work very well anymore but still hangs out on a spare set of keys. Second would probably be a certain mini maglite with the MJLED drop in.

Enlightened
    s, p, d & f orbitals.. somewhere in the Rockies

A cheap Dorcy AAA (1st gen) is my oldest.. still used daily at work. The forward momentary tailswitch is handy. Must be about 14 years since purchased.

I always used a Surefire 6P incandescent at work because it was pocketable and I upgraded it with a Malkoff module, which I still have in it.I assume this was shortly after Malkoff first started selling them, I can't remember the year. My first full flashlight though would have been the MD2 I bought after liking the drop in so much.

how do you keep track of these things? i have a photons int'l cr2 ion, a brass peak, ra twisty, novatac edc and fenix lod. don't know which one's first, but i'm the original owner from early 2000.
    a single sunbeam is enough to drive away many shadows- St. Francis of Assissi

Don't have pics handy, but my oldest uses the drop-in sandwiches from DAT2ZIP. I still have several.
    ... it's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, It's what you leave behind you when you go.

Flashaholic

Just posted in the other oldest thread... Surefire L4 Lumamax. The Wall Of Light... flashlight.

I think my oldest is Luxogen LR5 lux3. 2005 ish. One mode twisty.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456