Are there any flashlights with multiple CREE XM-L2 (say, 3 or 7) ?

Sum~Guy

Newly Enlightened
I confess that I'm looking on ebay for a flashlight with either 3, 4 or 7 XL-L2 led's and I know that I might very well end up buying something with a much weaker LED instead if it's coming from China or Hong Kong.

But I am surprised that, in general, I'm not finding much in the way of either a 3 or 7 led lamp (that uses 3 18650 batteries) but I have found one light (that says it's using seven XM-L2 U2-1A) for around $40.

My general question is, is the XM-L2 used much in multi-led format (3, 4, 7) lamps, legit or name-brand/trusted lamps that is?

I'd like to pick up something with between 1000 to 3000 lumens (more is ok) that uses 3 18650's (not just one 18650) for under $50.

DIPSTIX

Enlightened
It's difficult to find a xml-2 multi emitter light like that. I believe the old TK75 used to use 4x xml-2 but has since been discontinued. The problem is the surface brightness. You need large head and a great heatsink for this application. Using a xhp70 would make more sense. The footprint is similar and the output would be raised. Of course it will be running off 4x 18650 because of 2s2p.

Suggestion
Supfire M6 -3 x XM-L2 - 4 x 18650 Flashlight

Last edited:

Sum~Guy

Newly Enlightened
I see lots of flashlights for sale that have many XM-L T6 emitters - some of them going up to 24 (11 and 13 is also common). It's my impression that the T6 isin't good for much beyond 300 lumens - true? Is there a review or anything I can read about the real-world performance of any of these flashlights that have between 10 and 20 T6 emitters?

WarriorOfLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are a lot Frlashlights with multiple XM-L2 LEDs out. It is only necessary to check ebay, alibaba, the common chinajunk shops, .... But at all most of this lights are junk and will not reach the advertised output. But this is not LED related, it is more driver and design related to the cheapo china crap lights. The XM-L2 is with a good driver and cooling good for ~1000 lumens.

Archimdes named the Lupine , they have a larger number of ligts with mutiple emiters...

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
I see lots of flashlights for sale that have many XM-L T6 emitters - some of them going up to 24 (11 and 13 is also common). It's my impression that the T6 isin't good for much beyond 300 lumens - true? Is there a review or anything I can read about the real-world performance of any of these flashlights that have between 10 and 20 T6 emitters?
The lights you are looking at likely don't have real Cree XM-L emitters in them. The XM-L is now over 6 years old now. It is a relic. It is a safe bet if you see a light advertised with these in it, it will be junk.

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...-Q8-Q6-A-quality-SRK-style-special-flashlight