Quick review of JETBeam IIM Tactical Flashlight - CREE XP-L HI LED - 1100 Lumens

Jdubs

Newly Enlightened
These are being offered at a great price by Battery Junction for their Black Friday sale. I found very little to no information on it so here are my initial impressions of the light. The tailcap lockout feature is pretty cool - it is much more than simply unscrewing the tailcap to break the electrical path. You rotate it to one of three positions. The middle position physically blocks the button from being pushed. Rotating in one direction from locked allows momentary on only by preventing the button from being clicked. Rotating the ring in the other direction from the locked position reveals a forward clicky. The button is metal instead of the typical rubber boot so you can feel metal-to-metal contact when pressing the button. No tailstand ability with this light. To me, this adds to the visual appeal of this light, and there is no ridge or lip to dig into my thumb when operating the light.

I believe the specs to be incorrect as to beam intensity. I don't have measuring equipment but 13,800cd and 230 meter throw suggest a floody beam. However, this light outthrows my Klarus XT11GT, which has almost double the lumens and is rated at 25,000cd and 316 meters.

There is a greenish tint in the middle of the hotspot. Not a big deal to me. The vast majority of the beam is white and just slightly on the warm side.

The cigar ring is machined into the tailcap so it cannot be rotated or be removed independent of the tailcap.

Machining and anodizing of the body looks perfect. The stainless bezel is removable and shows some minor machining marks on it.

The battery contacts are spring loaded on both ends. No batteries or holster is included.