need something now for myself

desert rover

Newly Enlightened
Just wanted to say thanks for all the info, it really helped my mom. Now looking for a small light for edc. I have a Fenix e12 but the lens is plastic
and seems to get scratched easily I work in a machine shop and tend to be pretty hard on lights. Is there something more durable that takes
AA batteries, the company provides the batteries so that's not a problem. It seems you can never have too many lights.

SG1

Newly Enlightened
Hi desert rover,

Sounds like you want a zebralight. I would check their lights out. I would also check out Mtn Electronics Emisar D4 for compact power but it uses 1x18640 battery. Good luck finding the right Every day carry light that works for you👍.

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
AA light for a machine shop environment sounds like a job for a Malkoff MDC AA. I'd go with the neutral LED.

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
My EDC is a Nitecore EA11. It will run on one AA with respectful output, but really shines with a 14500 Li-Ion cell. Very compact, with a nice belt holster and a clip that can be reversed so the light can be used like @xxo mentioned.

Streamlight does have a number of AA lights. I have used the Protac EMS, a single AA light wit an output of 3.7/10/50 lumens. That may not sound like much these days, but I found it more than adequate when I was working in a commercial kitchen. It was great for looking in the poorly lighted back corners of the walk-ins, and under the bottom shelves when something was dropped. [But I do like the EA11 better! :thumbsup: ]

TCY

Enlightened
For starters, check out advanceknifebro's Youtube video review on the Zebralight SC5c II, see if you like it and work your way from there. More durability? Malkoff. More features? ...None comes to mind. It doesn't take 14500 though so that's not something good.

desert rover

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the recommendations. Just wondering how does the build quality compares between and the Nitecore and Streamlight. With the 14500 battery is there
a good brand you would buy.