Does anyone own a water powered flashlight?

DoubleA

Newly Enlightened
Just as I was about to turn off the TV and go to bed last night, there was a commercial for water powered flashlight. It's called the Hydra Light. At first, I thought it was a joke, but then I checked the website for it and it appears to be real. So far, I'm not seeing much for reviews on it other than speculation on whether it might be good or not. I've read that these have existed for some time, but this is the first I've seen of it.

I was just wondering if anyone here already owns one of these, or something similar. If it turned out to be legitimate, it would seem to be revolutionary. Such a power source could be used in other things on a larger scale. Anyway, here's the site of the Hydra Light: https://www.hydralight.com/?mid=8790705

DIPSTIX

Enlightened
I would be more interested if I could find runtime and output specifications. I assume IPX-8?

GRAY LITNIN

Newly Enlightened
Seems viable but certainly not revolutionary IMO. "Water powered devices have been out for awhile but its usually magnesium and/or salt that does the actual fueling, water is just a carrier. Still yet i know that there are powerbanks geared toward beachgoers that use this technology and it seems to be doin well in the market.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I only use rechargable cells, so all my lights are water powered :)

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interesting light. I just wonder: is it waterproof? :laughing:
Sorry, bad joke, but brightness level and runtime would be nice to know.

Last edited: