Review : OLight S1 HCRI Mini Baton

Getflashed

Newly Enlightened
https://youtu.be/l6mhvAsB6wc

Not my review, but wanted to show my support for such a small channel. Something a bit different, short and to the point. I hope to see more like this:candle:

Last edited:

DiamondG

Newly Enlightened
Nice review, I'm holding out for now to see if an emitter swap is possible. If this was with Nichia LED then this would be my dream light.... if its anything like the S Mini Baton then it should be possible. OLight still does the best interface in my opinion.

Olightworld

Enlightened
I don't think we will see an emitter swap in this model any time soon. We do appreciate the compliment on our interface though!

Olightworld

Enlightened
We appreciate the input! We are always open to hearing what the customer base wants!

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice review, I'm holding out for now to see if an emitter swap is possible. If this was with Nichia LED then this would be my dream light.... if its anything like the S Mini Baton then it should be possible. OLight still does the best interface in my opinion.

I was hoping for emitter swap too, especially since its XP-G3 so a reflow for 219 would've been simple but seems like a no go. They have a new bezel design that recesses it into the head to save some length, different than the S mini and even harder to get to.

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish special editions of HCRI to appear :)

me too! with a Nichia!

this was the best part of buying the older S Mini Baton.

I did not know there was a High CRI older S Mini.. got a link?

I was hoping for emitter swap too, especially since its XP-G3 so a reflow for 219 would've been simple

the XP TIR on the new High CRI SMini gave me similar hope, and someone here has cracked one open... maybe we will learn how a Nichia performs in a mod

scout24

Flashaholic
To the OP and for everyone's future reference- Linking to an off forum review with essentially no other content could be considered shilling or advertising, and has been closed or deleted in the past. Supporting a small youtube channel is admirable, but do it with views, not links, please. I'll let this and your one other stand for now, but please be aware and don't post like this going forward.

OutdoorsIQ

Newly Enlightened
Thanks getflashed, very thoughtful of you to post up my review:eek:

Also thanks to you scout24 for leaving it online! I was going to post a written review soon, instead I'll PM it to getflashed to make good on this thread :thumbsup: