Imalent        
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Final FOURSEVENS Announcement for 2017

Default Final FOURSEVENS Announcement for 2017

Two Polished Stainless Steel Mini's and One BIG announcement

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yit5lDno0M

Default Re: Final FOURSEVENS Announcement for 2017

Godspeed my Friend. And thank you for everything.

edit: ship my 2 SS Turbo Mini's now!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quando Omni Flunkis Moritati

David, i bought a qp2l-x right around when i first got into this hobby and when i only had a handful of lights. I now have 200+ lights from all sorts of different manufacturers with all different user interfaces and i always come back to quark pro. The 2 different mode groups and no mode memory hits the sweet spot and is the perfect edc imo. Good luck man, your brand will be missed dearly.
    Granny shiftin not double clutchin like you should

Wanted: quark 18650 body and malkoff wildcat v5 5000k mtg2 head

It's been a really great adventure David.
    I too owe my Flashaholism to You my friend
    I look forward to the next chapter life brings.
    I wish You and family the best.
    Take Care
    GL

Foursevens is my trusted brand since it was 4Sevens.
    I wish you have the best for yourself and your family, David.

Godspeed.

Let's for five minutes or so allow fans of the brand to discuss and lament their closing their doors. If you have warranty or QC concerns, please call or email, not wee wee on the wake here. Damn, folks...

866-465-7334 with questions 9-6 Eastern time, US. There is also a "click here to email" link, and a street address. I found this info without having to ask here...

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by scout24 View Post
    Let's for five minutes or so allow fans of the brand to discuss and lament their closing their doors. If you have warranty or QC concerns, please call or email, not wee wee on the wake here. Damn, folks...

866-465-7334 with questions 9-6 Eastern time, US. There is also a "click here to email" link, and a street address. I found this info without having to ask here...
    Yes, thank you.

47's has spent a lot of years at the top of my list, with some of the most anticipated product releases that totally delivered. I still remember a post by a CPF member whose wife heard him talking in his sleep about "that Maelstrom b***h" in the days David was still teasing that line.

Thanks David and the 4Sevens team. It's been great.

Sorry to hear David, but I hope your future is bright

I wonder what will happen with the FOURSEVENS brand of lights after this if it is continued by whoever he is talking about.

Two special edition lights and..........

Whatever the reason behind this change, I wish David all the best in whatever the future holds.

Not only has David made a real difference to this industry, but he has always acted as the perfect gentleman and with honour. I'd like to send HUGE thanks for everything you have added to this community and for all your awesome lights.
    Tactical Reviews by Subwoofer
    Latest Reviews - @TacticalReviews and Facebook
    CandlePower Forums "Trusted Product Tester / Reviewer"

Thank you, David, and your FOURSEVENS team, for a wonderful time!! Your love of flashlights, your quality, innovation, your cutting edge and your brilliance, has made an impact on the industry and in my world. Both positive. You have taken me over the last 11 years from a 90 (ANSI) lumen, Fenix P1D CE to a 1,000 lumen FOURSEVENS Mini Mark II! Plus you made the Mark II smaller, out of copper and titanium with PVD coatings, programmable and you included a rechargeable battery with a charger... and then you sold them to me for less! You will be missed! May you and those of your team have the best of life.

You seem a super nice chap David, wish you the best on future endeavours and do hope its flashlight related. My last (up to now as i do plan on others) is the mini ti, i might even call it David!

PS- those stainless mini lights are very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by ven View Post
    PS- those stainless mini lights are very nice!
    They are, my SS Mini Turbo is my new EDC. IIRC David stated somewhere that the Mini series were the biggest seller, if true he chose the perfect Series to go out with. I am still trying to wrap my head around this situation and guess I will never see my "Lumen Bomb/ball"

Just a heads up, the MINI ML-X in solid brass (Best Made collaboration) is on clearance for half off. I've been looking for one of these for a while now, so I snagged a couple.

They also added to the clearance page 1) Classic Preon P2 in black and satin Ti, and 2) Quark Pro QP2L-X... I wonder if they're finding these lights while doing an end-of-year cleaning

Flashaholic*

47 was my first trusted brand. Funny, I was thinking of selling my 47 18650 body just last night to fund a headlamp.... not no more.

Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA

Thank you, David, for all you have given to this community. Every time I have interacted with you or your employees, whether in person at SHOT Show, on the phone, or over the web, I have been treated with great courtesy and respect, and your products have always been top-notch. I will miss the FourSevens brand, and I will miss you. I hope that you have success and enjoyment in whatever you pursue next.
    Owner of the first full-on beamshot of The Beast II! (See avatar)

What a sad news.

I have used three QuarkAA² tactical for years now, literally *every* day.

They are older than my kids and each of my kids received one for the bedside table. They just keep them running the whole night on moonlight mode to scare-off the monsters under the bed. If they need more light they just turn the head to got to medium, where they have hours of light for creepy night hikes or closet expeditions. On two eneloops these great lights seem to run forever with my preset definitions - at least they are much later exhausted than my two little rascals which is not an easy thing to do.

In the last years I bought and gave away many lights, many of which are much brighter than the Quarks. But I'll never give away my Quark tacticals, they are just so useful, even if today they are not the brightest any more. I don't even use them on the brightest mode, usually in and around the house about 50-70 lumens is plenty enough to find a toy under the sofa or to search for Lego pieces missing in action.

David, whatever you'll do now, I thank you for your contribution to the flashlight community. You'll certainly not remember, but we met once many years ago in Nürnberg/Germany when you were over here for the IWA show. You're a nice guy and I wish you all the best for your future.

Lucciola

A&Q Moderator

From 4/7 site:
    Final Thoughts - December 15, 2017

As we are closing our store today many thoughts and feelings come up that I wish to express.
    Firstly, I want to thank you all for being a fan of FOURSEVENS these 10+ years. Without you, our loyal and adamant supporters, we wouldn't have been able to achieve all that we have. It has been a wonderful journey to take mere ideas on paper all the way through to production and into the your hands to enjoy. I am thankful for each of our customers and the interactions that we had - not only for the numerous gracious compliments but also all the critical feedback we received. It has been a never ending learning process and we have learned so much in these years.

Looking forward, I am excited to pass on the baton to someone I hold in high esteem and is more than qualified to take the brand further. I will most likely assist him in the coming months as he needs me to transition the brand into his vision. He will announce the details early 2018. Get ready for a reboot of the FOURSEVENS - I expect it to be better than ever.

David Chow
    Founder, FOURSEVENS
    The TK20. Yes it still rocks.

So any guesses on the new owner anybody? Would be bad ass if it was paul kim
    Granny shiftin not double clutchin like you should

Wanted: quark 18650 body and malkoff wildcat v5 5000k mtg2 head

Thank you all for your kind words!

Quote Originally Posted by scout24 View Post
    XXX with questions 9-6 Eastern time, US. There is also a "click here to email" link, and a street address. I found this info without having to ask here...
    We no longer have resources to take phone calls - they are going to voicemail.

Quote Originally Posted by subwoofer View Post
    Two special edition lights and..........
    Whatever the reason behind this change, I wish David all the best in whatever the future holds.
    Not only has David made a real difference to this industry, but he has always acted as the perfect gentleman and with honour. I'd like to send HUGE thanks for everything you have added to this community and for all your awesome lights.
    Thanks Richard! Will you be at shot? I'll be there - hope to see you.

Quote Originally Posted by Beamhead View Post
    They are, my SS Mini Turbo is my new EDC. IIRC David stated somewhere that the Mini series were the biggest seller, if true he chose the perfect Series to go out with. I am still trying to wrap my head around this situation and guess I will never see my "Lumen Bomb/ball"
    The lumen bomb was ready to go - waiting on a military contract to make it happen. Unfortunately like everything else everyone has an opinion but nobody wants to slap down a contract so we went through like more than 7 iterations of prototypes which burned up our R&d budget. What broke the camels back was when they said they wanted the ball to break windows, be waterproof and be make of metal with carbide inserts. :/ Beam you should make it to shot this year. It'll likely be my last. Do it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Marin View Post
    So any guesses on the new owner anybody? Would be bad ass if it was paul kim
    Not PK

Flashaholic*

David,

Will you still be around here chilling from time to time?

Let see what I have from foursevens... Quark 2AA tact, Quark 2AA, Quark cr123 body, AA body, 18650 body, 2 mini AAs, just ordered mini m2a...

What I regret was not getting the adapter for converting the lights to a headlamp... darn!

Quote Originally Posted by 4sevens View Post
    The lumen bomb was ready to go - waiting on a military contract to make it happen. Unfortunately like everything else everyone has an opinion but nobody wants to slap down a contract so we went through like more than 7 iterations of prototypes which burned up our R&d budget. What broke the camels back was when they said they wanted the ball to break windows, be waterproof and be make of metal with carbide inserts. :/ Beam you should make it to shot this year. It'll likely be my last. Do it!
    Break windows, made of metal, carbide inserts. It almost sounds like the pointy heads at the DoD wanted you to make a 10k lumen Mini daisy cutter................

Sorry you spent your R&D budget trying to appease Uncle Sam.

I might try and finally make it to a Shot.

Quote Originally Posted by 4sevens View Post

Not PK
    It's Chance!! Gonna be Chauncey Gardiner, with Gene Malkoff supplying the cash backing...
    John 3:16

Thanks for the long run, David. I hope the next adventure treats you well.

You have done a wonderful job.
    "For every good deed, there is an equal an opposite bad deed."

Nothing to see here, lol after all this time and no info with USPS it now shows at my local distribution center.......pre-shipment to at local distribution center with nothing in between. Hopefully both get here by my B-day.

If David happens to see this, is there an issue with orders shipping? One I placed on the 13th has never made it to USPS, still in "pre-shipment". I wonder if the power outage at ATL has something to do with it?

EDIT: The last order on the 15th has entered the system, ??????? But not the one on the 13th???
    Last edited by Beamhead; 12-19-2017 at 09:59 PM.

A&Q Moderator

I hate the mail. Hope it comes to yea in time brother. I have a bunch in the system myself. Looking forward to the SS mini I ordered.

A&Q Moderator

This shouldn't end with us hawking for lights in the mail. Yea I am hawking as well. LOL! Maybe a 4/7s story. I got a few of them. One involves a Mini NW XP-E and a Timber rattler, another a QPLC and miles in the woods with a dead headlamp but here is one involving someone else. I have a friend who is in the Canadian military. He does instruction for cold weather classes among other things. He comes down to the Dacks for a group camp out out most every year. Pulk sled in so we can have things like snow shovels and multiple shelters etc etc. I think this was the year.

So is was wild cold. Crystal clear polar air mass radiational cooling cold. You could feel the ambient energy just being sucked out of the woods. It's like a fire in reverse. So we decided to leave the warm tipis for a night hike. Not sure why. Then again why not I guess. Just a few miles however the bottom fell out about an hour in. Yea don't move fast in the snow. Must of dropped from 0F to -25F. Much to my surprise the flashlight he had was a 4SEVENS Quark 123 (2). I asked why as it was unexpected. Didn't know the brand was known up north. Silly me I guess. He said the light was great in the cold, lightweight and reliable. He was right.

I got some Knights in like 4 days.

Gave one to a coworker who still can't believe how bright that little sucker is... how small it is for that matter...
    And the poor guy setting next to him in a truck 2 feet away while he learned the settings couldn't believe he saw spots the rest of the day.
    John 3:16

Palm Springs, CA, Beverly Hills, CA, Washington, DC, New York City Manhattan

Sorry to hear of your company closing, I really love your lights, and have carried my MiNi Titanium CR2 since I bought it in whatever year they came out, in fact I have all the MiNi lights in titanium, plus spares of some in the safe.

Rest assured you made a great number of people happy around the world with your lights in people's pockets, display cases, shelves, cars, bags and briefcases. That is not easy to do, to say the least.

Whether your lights are in use like mine or on display in a collection, they will not soon be forgotten, they will live on for quite some time and will be regarded as classics. And, no matter what happened to make you shut down, no one can take that fact away from you, that you created flashlights in a very competitive industry which will remain classics to the generations of enthusiasts, and collectors, still to come.

Thanks for for what you did for the true flashlight enthusiast, and professionals alike who will continue to use your lights now, and into the future.

Wishing you the best luck in all your future endeavors, whatever they may hold.

With warm regards,

sincerely,

RedLed
    Last edited by RedLED; 12-22-2017 at 08:57 PM.
    Check my Web Site: www.Redwayphoto.com

I just now saw this, and EVERY model in OUT OF STOCK! Bummer!
    So what light is that at the end of the tunnel?
    Tex.Proud on IG
    K4TXN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast