Malkoff        
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Final FOURSEVENS Announcement for 2017

Post Re: Final FOURSEVENS Announcement for 2017

Quote Originally Posted by 4sevens View Post
    We no longer have resources to take phone calls - they are going to voicemail.
    This was some sad news, especially when considering the history of Foursevens in this forum. And since you donít have resources any more, I guess it means that only the brand was sold. Not the company. It makes the news even sadder. A lot sadder, I guess.

Foursevens is my most bought manufacturer, too. With a significant gap to the second one. And pretty much the only brand from which I have duplicates (or more) of single model. However, Davidís visions have been rather different to my preferences for some years already and most of my lights are Atoms and (old) Preons. There were a few models I would have bought from the sale if I saw it in time but once I saw it, those lights were gone. Copper Preons and Mini Aas would have been wanted. Unfortunately, Foursevens forum has been rather silent and I stopped visiting it regularly some time ago. I had especially been looking forward to seeing Davidís posts but they had been rare for quite a long time already.

Sorry to hear about the military thing, too. My employer has also tried to get a military deal for some 3 years now with a dedicated product and it has had an effect on everything else, too. A touch, expensive and slowly progressing job.

I wish good luck to the new owner. I still wish that I got it wrong and the new owner continues with your old staff and facilities (staff at least). What is perhaps even more important, I also strongly wish that the new owner continues at Candlepowerforums. It will be extremely sad if Foursevens subforum is closed and removed like e.g. Thrunite forum, with all the information from the past few years in it.

Good luck with future endeavors David. I hope we can still see you as an active member in this forum.
    In God we trust, all others bring data.

Default Re: Final FOURSEVENS Announcement for 2017

There's a whole lot of guessing going on.

~ Chance
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Flashaholic* Crazyeddiethefirst's Avatar

When I bought my first Four Sevens light, I was hooked...
    such an intuitive Ti, able to handle any conditions I threw at it from Alaska to Mexico. My Titanium P2 with High CRI led was with me on almost every air ambulance flight I made. Like Redled I too have spares of my favorites-perhaps someone else may have a brighter light or boast a longer runtime under a certain condition, but for me, the whole package was exactly what I needed. And youTruly set the standard for customer service. The biggest mistake ever made on my account(ok, there was only one), during the buy one, get one free sale, I bought a Titanium Paladin...when tracking info came, there were two numbers(ok, I wondered, did they ship them separately?)...lo and behold 4 lights showed up! I would have loved to kept them all, except that Four Sevens had always been so good to me..all the time...(I remember TJ hunting and tracking down a reflector that was no longer made)...so I sent the duplicate order back. There was never a time that I contacted Four Sevens that they did not give 150% to make sure everything was excellent. There are plenty of other companies out there that make good lights. None impress me or bring about the feeling of satisfaction that Four Sevens did. And while I love that I added another 19 or 20 lights in the last two months, it is a very hollow victory. David, you are a true gentleman, a visionary and you will be missed. My hope is that in your next endeavor, whatever it is, that I may be so fortunate as to cross paths with you again.
    My collection:
    https://i.imgur.com/cUavJmk.jpg
    https://i.imgur.com/BmEauGi.jpg

Hey, Crazyeddiethefirst!

Everything but the kitchen sink...... Wait. Nope, there it is.

Merry Christmas!

~ Chance
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Crazy awesome collection eddie

Seasons greetings to all you 47 nuts

Happy New Years everybody.

Yes, it is 2018 and the suspense is killing us. So, who is the new owner of Foursevens?

Or when is the official launch of the new Foursevens?

David / 4sevens,
    Will you please help me?
    I tried to send a PM but your inbox is full. I have a problem with my last 4sevens order and unfortunately it has not been resolved.
    Thanks.

It looks like some people misread the new name as the plural of 47. Two of 47 would be 94 and three of 47 would be 141.
    "For every good deed, there is an equal an opposite bad deed."

Quote Originally Posted by divine View Post
    It looks like some people misread the new name as the plural of 47. Two of 47 would be 94 and three of 47 would be 141.

Wait. What? Where?

~ Chance

I don't get it either.

A&Q Moderator

Not only did I miss the new name but can't even begin to work out what you're saying.
    The TK20. Yes it still rocks.

Good luck David.

All the best,
    Rick
    Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    Wait. What? Where?

~ Chance
    Oops, sorry to post and run. It was just a (bad) joke.

I meant: _Some people_ thought the name meant to buy 94 or 141 lights. The plural of 47 would be 47x2 or 47x3 and so on. :P

The "new name," when it shifted from 4sevens to 47s or just the 47 logo is probably now the "old name."
    "For every good deed, there is an equal an opposite bad deed."

I meant: _Some people_ thought the name meant to buy 94 or 141 lights. The plural of 47 would be 47x2 or 47x3 and so on. :P

The "new name," when it shifted from 4sevens to 47s or just the 47 logo is probably now the "old name."
    ...... just a joke? Now I'm even more confused. Do you mean it doesn't?

~ Chance

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    ...... just a joke? Now I'm even more confused. Do you mean it doesn't?

~ Chance
    Actually I see some truth to this . . . about 3-4 years ago through the LED growth and upgrade transitional period.

How many of You can say they have a decent S2 tinted light
    Here are the best of show. The Q-Mini123 is best of 5, The "One", everything else is best of 2.

Clickable Image
    Last edited by Got Lumens?; 01-22-2018 at 01:51 PM.

As far as a "New Name" I think the new upcoming announcement is going to reveal this. David mentions "passing the Baton" and continuing the "Legacy". I am very interested to see how this is plays out. The two should coincide some how

Hi Everybody,
    First released just now. The first post of FOURSEVENS of 2018.
    Up on Instagram I will update links as available in the new post.

ENJOY!!!!
    Last edited by Got Lumens?; 01-23-2018 at 01:38 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12