Lost Light Solution?

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Because I ingraved my phone # on my Victorinox Technicians Knife, it was returned to me after losing it in a state park. Granted, this won't work unless the found item is located by someone who cares.

Now I wrap a piece of paper, with my # on it, around a battery in the flashlight and thank the finder for (hopefully) calling. The paper also keeps the batteries quiet. My hope is that the 123 cells in some lights will help to discourage the finder from keeping it. On my cheaper lights I ingrave or write my # on the outside.

Eugene

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are a couple of services for pda's where you apply a sticker that says drop in any mailbox and the postage will be paid, then they look up your registration information from the number on the sticker and ship it to you. With the price of some high end flashlights being the same or more than a pda those services may be willing to work with you to do a flashlight.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the good suggestion, Eugene. If I ever get back on my financial feet I'll avail myself of that solution. BTW, what is the cost for that service? Thanks.

Eugene

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure on the cost, just seen it advertised a couple times. Seems it wasn't real expensive. One was called stuffback IIRC.