Egaletac d25c & d25a pocket clip

Nichia!

Banned
Hi

Am looking for better quality clips for the d25c/d25a any idea where to find these?

freeride21a

Newly Enlightened
btt for you..

and anyone know the button head screw size for the included clip screws? Custom? anyone find a better replacment and re-thread it?
I know the hex size is some m1.5 but not really a m1.5 special thing.

lebox97

Enlightened
I am not aware of any "other" clip that would fit the D25A/C series.

a 1/16th/1.5mm wrench can be used for clip screw removal, or occasional re-tightening of the clip screws (works better with a small dab of loctite)...

There is a ET 1.55mm custom tool (not 1.5mm) only required if you are going to be frequently removing/re-installing the clip screws... as it fits better and minimizes screw head/tool stripping.

TMI: Manufacturing variations/tolerances between screw heads and tools by the varying manufacturers cause the problem -
when ET sourced screws from several screw manufacturers, and then allen/hex wrenches from several tool makers - ET could find none that matched perfectly, for these tiny screws.
The screw manufacturers said they oversized the tolerances so wider range of tools would fit, and the tool manufacturers said they undersized tolerances so they would fit more screws!
LOL, it drove the ET owner bonkers - so he had a custom 1.55mm tool made to fit, which frankly not worth the $3-4 they want (again unless you are intending to frequently switch the clip out).

if you have started to strip out the threads, there are replacement 2-3 thread longer screws available, and/or even new preassembled end cap kits available,
but otherwise use a couple good quality small screws would work, if you re-thread the end cap to match the threading of the screws.

Cheers

btt for you..
and anyone know the button head screw size for the included clip screws? Custom? anyone find a better replacment and re-thread it?
I know the hex size is some m1.5 but not really a m1.5 special thing.

Nichia!

Banned
The clip screws they used in the d25c and the d25a are the worthless and The worst screws Humankind ever made!

1911Guru

Newly Enlightened
I just received my D25C yesterday and took it apart to lube threads, orings, tailcap, and loctite the clip screws. I found the screws were not a metric allen head, but standard. I can't quote the size right now but I will check and report back. The closest metric size would just slip. I was quite surprised, as everything nowadays seems to be going metric, especially on an import light!

Caleb Wilson

freeride21a

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Lebox97! I enjoyed your TMI too.. well basically because my original direction in life was as a manufacturing engineer.

The clip screws they used in the d25c and the d25a are the worthless and The worst screws Humankind ever made!

But the light itself is one of the best ever made!! If my screw wasn't missing(and i was not too lazy to fix it) it would be my regular carry. but i have so many other lights i dont have the motivation to fix it.. i have more motivation to just buy the newest version in Ti since mine is the 2014/15 one. LOL.

Been carrying olight s1 in its place with the occational SF EB1 or EB2 depending on situation.