2AA Battery Sleeve Question

badbs101

Newly Enlightened
I may be a bit late to the party but I'm planning on making a G3 Nitrolon based light using a Malkoff M31 drop in and two AA batteries. I know Oveready used to sell the two (AA) battery adapter but it looks like they're out of stock for now. They still have some of the single cell adapters but I'm not sure if that would work because they look like, if used in pairs, they may add too much length and won't provide a positive connection between the two cells.

I know rolled up paper will work but I wonder who knows where I can get a real 2 AA adapter to fit in a G3? Any home cooked ideas that don't involve a piece of paper?

Thank you,
Barry

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I have a G3 setup as an omnivore light using a M31L. It works just fine using 2XAA without a sleeve. All of my 1XAA dummy cells also work. The 1XAAA to AA adapters work best with the original twisty tail cap. I have it setup with a clicky then change out to the twisty when using some combos. But overall 1XAA, 2XAA and 1XCR123 all work great in the G3 without any sleeves. I somehow feel the inside diameter is a bit smaller than the Al SFs. Also looked on for a sleeve and they're out but don't really need one.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
If battery rattle is annoying like pocket carrying a bunch of coins while jogging, the yeah wrapping in paper will work.

The AA girth isn't that much smaller than the CR123. No real need for a sleeve. Now a AA to C or D? That's a different matter.

By the way... the party is still going strong, you're not late at all....