iOS 11 - photo attachments no longer "attachments"

markr6

Flashaholic
Since iOS 11 update, when I send a photo from my iPhone 6s to myself then open it in Outlook on a computer, it's no longer an attachment. Now it's just in the body of the email. Annoying since the filename is no longer there and I have to click and save it. A real pain if I'm sending more than one.

Any ideas here?

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm, I'm not a big Apple person, but I do use an older Iphone 4S. Can you send the images from within a different app? Rather than just sending it via mail through the standard send options?

My wife uses a large recent Ipad pro for a lot and honestly I don't like a lot of the changes they did from iOS 10 to iOS 11. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I feel like some things were fine and they made it overly complicated. iOS on phones and Ipads shouldn't be like OSX and yet they changed things like adding the dock and what not. Oh well. And my biggest issue is that a lot of the updates are eventually forced and automatic even if you don't want them. My poor old Iphone 4S will probably become unusable as a phone in a year or two since a lot of carriers, I hear, are doing away with 3G networks, but right now I still love it because it literally can't update past iOS 9. Sure it can't run some apps but apart from being slower than more recent smart phones there isn't much it can't do.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Thanks for the info.

My 5s is still using 10. I'll stick with that as long as it lets me. Heck, I was ok with 7. But being it's a corparate phone, whenever they change their stuff around it's always tailored around the newest OS.

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the info.

My 5s is still using 10. I'll stick with that as long as it lets me. Heck, I was ok with 7. But being it's a corparate phone, whenever they change their stuff around it's always tailored around the newest OS.

Yeah, I probably won't upgrade until I literally can't use my 4S anymore. And if at that time the smaller SE 2 is out and it's not fantastic I might just switch to a good Android phone. (I swear Apple... don't remove the headphone jack from that phone too...) You get so much more for the money. My wife got an unlocked G4 Moto a year ago that is super nice for I think 200-250 USD. You pay double or triple that easily for an equivalent Apple Iphone. The Iphone 8 is great I'm sure, but the prices are just getting crazy. Especially for the X. That little notch on the screen is super annoying to me. I don't know if you can make the visible display just cut off that top portion so it's a normal 2x3 or 16x9 rectangle.

zespectre

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm an IT support guy. iOS 11 is a disaster area. I'm pretty sure that whining noise is Steve Jobs spinning in his grave!

It sure hasn't taken Apple long to fall into the "we must put out something NEW right now even if it's not ready" trap.