Manker MK34 question

soaponarope

Newly Enlightened
I recently purchased a Manker mk34, and I noticed that when I am in engineering mode
at the lowest setting out of my choice of 11 presets, it is still very bright. At the lowest programmable setting it is about 20 Lumens.I was wondering why I cannot lower the output any lower than approximately 20 Lumens.
Thanks in advance for any help

narmattaru

Enlightened
but when you`re in to this mode, you click to adjust brightness, and do you see any efffect of these click? or no matter what you do you still stuck in this 20 lum?

soaponarope

Newly Enlightened
but when you`re in to this mode, you click to adjust brightness, and do you see any efffect of these click? or no matter what you do you still stuck in this 20 lum?

I have 11 different brightness levels to choose from, but the lowest one is about 20 lumens and it just increases from there.
Every video that I've seen, and everything that I have read about the moonlight mode goes much lower in
brightness than my mk34 does. Everything seems to work fine on the light, maybe its programmed incorrectly
from the manufacturer or something along those lines, or maybe its defective, I don't know.

Last edited:

soaponarope

Newly Enlightened
An engineer at Manker said "There might be a tolerance when adjusting the moonlight mode, and this is caused by the different FV(forward voltage) from different emitters."
I hope that the flashlight will be ok and not break down in the future from this situation

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's not very tricky to get to the sub Lumen level: while the light is on press the button until it turns off. Keep holding the button until the button itself lights up. Let it go and click 4 times. Then start clicking thru the levels of moonlight until you arrive at the desired brightness. Then hold down the button until it Shuts off. This is your new moonlight level.

You will note as you're scrolling the levels it appears the light is off. It isn't. The first moonlight level is so low it's imperceptible. You might even miss the next one after that. If you send your email address to my screen name at aol I'll send you a pic of my lowest useable setting. In the pick you'll notice one of the LEDs is off color

soaponarope

Newly Enlightened
It's not very tricky to get to the sub Lumen level: while the light is on press the button until it turns off. Keep holding the button until the button itself lights up. Let it go and click 4 times. Then start clicking thru the levels of moonlight until you arrive at the desired brightness. Then hold down the button until it Shuts off. This is your new moonlight level.

You will note as you're scrolling the levels it appears the light is off. It isn't. The first moonlight level is so low it's imperceptible. You might even miss the next one after that. If you send your email address to my screen name at aol I'll send you a pic of my lowest useable setting. In the pick you'll notice one of the LEDs is off color

Hello aginthelaw,
My light works fine and I know how to adjust it to any of the 11 levels that are available in moonlight mode.
The problem is that level 1 (the lowest level) is approximately 20 lumens and it just increases in brightness from there all
the way up to level 11.
My light does not have any of the low lumen choices. My lowest is about 20 lumens. It will not go any lower than that
in the engineering mode. It's kind of a bummer because I could use the lower brightness settings.
Thanks for the reply

narmattaru

Enlightened
well. and how do you rate highest of these 20 levels in engeneering mode?

anyway, most of them under somewhere 10lums seems to be useless for such a light. but , of course, if you buy thing, you expect it to be working properly