LSHF-P or Arc4+?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nitnos

Newly Enlightened
I was looking to buy my brother a flashlight for EDC. He does landscaping, not at night of course, but appreciates technology as well as durability, and I was wondering which light people would recommend? Thanks.

JohnJ80

Enlightened
Either is great. But for the small (relatively) price difference the Arc4+ is a better value. Almost the same size but it has so much more utility. I use my Arc4 in so many more situations than I could with my LSH. The ability to have it set for its primary light at a setting about what the LSH has and then to power up to max power instantly is one good enough reason all on its own.

I also have found the clip to be really a nice thing. I clip it to the edge of my pocket making it just that much easier to find.

J

Fastlane

Newly Enlightened
The LSHF-P I saw had a tight white beam with almost no sidespill. The 4+ has the advantage of multiple brightness settings and longer runtime on a 123 battery at the lower settings. The 4 beam has a bright center spot and sidespill. The LSHF-P currently can be had with the TSP-2AA switchpack to use AA batteries but it adds to the length.
There might one available for the 4 eventually.
If I got either one as a gift, I'd be very thankful. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Elmie

Enlightened
I have the LSHF-P and the Arc4+. I'd take the Arc4+ over the LSHF-P any day. Great side spill and hotspot. And of course, user settable brightness!

Status
Not open for further replies.