New Zebralight Runtimes

tompen41

Newly Enlightened
Where are the run times for most of the new lights? Especially the SC64w. I see the SC600w lV but is this normal for ZL to be this late bringing out the specs for new lights?

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where are the run times for most of the new lights? Especially the SC64w. I see the SC600w lV but is this normal for ZL to be this late bringing out the specs for new lights?

The Plus(XHP50.2) runtimes have been out for a while. And, they just released the runtimes for the SC600, 600w, and 600 HI. They are very busy right now and it is more important for them to keep making lights and shipping orders then to run runtime tests. I am sure they will get to it. You should be able to assume the runtimes will likely be as good or slightly slightly better then the SC63/MKIII's, even with the boost in output, as they have upgraded the driver with some new components.

MX421

Enlightened
I am sure they will get to it. You should be able to assume the runtimes will likely be as good or slightly slightly better then the SC63/MKIII's, even with the boost in output, as they have upgraded the driver with some new components.
Tachead, we've discussed this before….that isn't the point isn't it? Should be able to assume? You know what happens when we assUme, huh?;-) New components driven different amperages most likely may lead to the sameresults, but who knows.

I must admit I am a big Zebralight fan, but this does not bode well for me for them to just assume we will blindly follow them not knowing fully well where they are taking us. Granted, everything else checks the box for me (for the models I'm looking at anyway):

• High CRI
  • Brighter
  • Don't require specialized batteries
Still, full specs before I buy, but afterseeing how many have bought without full specs tells me that there are definitely bigger fans (or at least more trusting fans) of this brand than I am.

Last edited:

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tachead, we've discussed this before….that isn't the point isn't it? Should be able to assume? You know what happens when we assUme, huh?;-) New components driven different amperages most likely may lead to the sameresults, but who knows.

I must admit I am a big Zebralight fan, but this does not bode well for me for them to just assume we will blindly follow them not knowing fully well where they are taking us. Granted, everything else checks the box for me (for the models I'm looking at anyway):

• High CRI
  • Brighter
  • Don't require specialized batteries
Still, full specs before I buy, but afterseeing how many have bought without full specs tells me that there are definitely bigger fans (or at least more trusting fans) of this brand than I am.

Man, Zebralight makes the most advanced drivers in the flashlight industry. I don't think you need to worry about them being inefficient. They will likely be at least as efficient as the MKIII's which are already great. Plus, I think we are at a point, efficiency wise, that an extra 5 minutes on a certain mode doesn't make much of a difference in real world applications anyway. Not to mention manufacturers specs are only meant as a rough reference. Differences in individual emitters, electronic components, and cells will all effect the runtimes so, every sample is going to be slightly different.

Well, if you need full specs before you buy then you are just going to have to wait I guess, pre-orders are not for everyone and come with certain risks. I am sure they are going to post runtimes eventually for all models. They seem to be adding more as they get them done. Hopefully they don't waste too much time doing testing though because a lot of us are much more concerned with getting our pre-orders and would rather the time be spent on building and shipping lights.

Last edited: