First Post..Sorry..So the wife asks me about LEDs

T

TrueNorth

Asks me, if she could use little LED for light inside the perimiter of her doll house walls, how could she do it?
Would like use one or two ( for long life ) 123 size lithium batteries and use various amounts of LED lights. All depending on the size of the dollhouse she is building. Long lasting low light is far more important than huge amounts of white light. Some houses would need 3 LEDs and some of course more. Id like to wire them on one circuit, with hidden wiring, much like in a real house.
Sorry im not an electronics engineer, but as she asked me " how hard could it be " ?
I thought someone here could help.

Jack_Crow

Enlightened
TN,

Your simple problem is electronics. The guys here can show you how to wire up LED's any which way.

Your largest problem is how much accuracy is needed. You wife will have to fill in that blank.

If just a light source is called for, the project is simple. Hot glue and some wire wrap wire.

If your supposed to make them look like scale lighting fixtures then the project get's more difficult.

Try visiting a place that sells gizmos for model rail roads for lamp fixtures that might take LED's.

Also while your there checkout the mags. Usually there is an article on how to "kit bash" parts togther.

Expirment on an old cigar box first till you get good with with your tools then play "Bob Vila" on the wife's doll house.

Next stop a TV show of your own.

Later dude
Jack Crow in Iraq

Saaby

Flashaholic
Build a little "Generator" on the outside of the house. Make it just large enough to hold a couple (3) C batteries. That'll power some LEDs for wayyy longer than you need.

SKYWLKR

Enlightened
yea I agree 123 dont have a large capacity.

use AA's or C's for a lot of life.and direct drive them or use a small resistor very simple and easy to do.

JJHitt

Enlightened
I'd suggest trying amber LEDs and only graduating to (more expenise and hungrier) white LEDs only if amber is too far off on color.

Another 'notion'... use fiber optics and use a hidden Infinity to generate the light.

_mike_

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: First Post..Sorry..So the wife asks me about

They do have battery operated Christmas tree lights both led and non-led, which can be found at Christmas Lights etc

Scroll down that page for led ones. Doesn't look like the led's come in white though.

Mike