• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD! Green quad nichia micro mag for sale

kyfishguy

Newly Enlightened
Hi All, I usually don't do much flashlight modding from late spring through early fall but there always a couple projects I peck away at when the mood strikes me. This year one of those projects was a quad nichia 219C micro mag.

100_3782_zpspq1so1mq.jpg

This light uses a green micro mag body and four nichia 219C 4000k high CRI emitters wired in parallel as well as the dual channel driver from Mountain Electronics. This combination uses direct drive off a high drain 14500 cell (not included) and the low forward voltage of the Nichia 219c emitters to drive the light to 8 amps on high at start up, dropping to around 6-7 amps at 30 seconds. There is around four to five minutes of run time before the light gives a low voltage warning when the battery reaches 3 volts. The battery is only providing about an amp to the emitters by time the low voltage protection kicks in.

100_3781_zpsene901hf.jpg

This light also features the advantage of a dual channel driver to create a true firefly mode of about half a lumen (estimated in comparison to a D25A on firefly mode). Additional features include a 90 second turbo timer as a safety to prevent damage to flashlight/flesh, a four mode user interface (Moon-Low-Med-High) with off time memory, a tailcap spring bypass mod to reduce resistance, and narrow clear Carclo optics. My micro mags are all built as described here excepting that I use aluminum heatsinks instead of copper. I estimate close to 2000 lumens at start up based on testing by Djozz, dropping to 1500 as the amperage stabilizes around 6 amps. Turbo should still be giving a couple hundred lumens when the low voltage warning flashes. Just for kicks I sanded the front of the bezel flat and gave it a nice polish.

100_3783_zpsmecpsgsf.jpg

Price includeing CONUS shipping is $75. International buyers pay additional shipping.

First reply followed by PM gets the light.

My paypal address is [email protected]

Thanks for looking,

Brian

Last edited:

scout24

Flashaholic
Re: Green quad nichia micro mag for sale

Nice score! I love my triple xp-g3. Fun lights, well made, priced right. Super "sleeper" lights. And, Kyfishguy was a pleasure to deal with.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Re: Green quad nichia micro mag for sale

Paid, thanks

EDIT - arrived (a few days ago), thanks

Once I got a small enough IMR to power this little torch, I was pretty impressed :eek:oo:

Last edited: