3 LED/3AA flashlight

artar

Enlightened
Has anyone experience with this LED Light ?
How bright and how reliable is it? Can I use this light with AA-Lithiums ?

ft01311-.jpg

here the specs:
* 3 LEDS
* 3 AAA Batterys
* O-Ring Sealed
* 360 degree turnable wrist pin
* 75 x 35 mm
* 65 g (weight)

(seen at
Globetrotter/Germany

Brock

Flashaholic
It sounds similar to the CCrane model. It uses 3 AAA cells so you aren't going to get AA cells in there. It sounds to me like an upgraded mini-trek. I am tempted to get one from CCrane, but they don't seem to have an image of it or $.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by ghost:
Has anyone experience with this LED Light ?
How bright and how reliable is it? Can I use this light with AA-Lithiums ?

ft01311-.jpg

here the specs:
* 3 LEDS
* 3 AAA Batterys
* O-Ring Sealed
* 360 degree turnable wrist pin
* 75 x 35 mm
* 65 g (weight)

(seen at
Globetrotter/Germany
[/ QUOTE]

Hey Ghost, that does look nice...Ccrane has a "clip light" very similar...but only 2 led`s www.ccrane.com If you can figure out a way to fit 3 AA lithiums into the 3AAA space let me know...I had a cat that died a few months ago and I would sure like him back.
smile.gif

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brock, there is a small pic on the Ccrane site...click on "clip light" and scroll down...it`s there. I agree that it`s like the mini trek...but the batts go in from the rear...much easier than the mini devil light.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ted the Led:
.I had a cat that died a few months ago and I would sure like him back.

Ken,
...then today is your lucky day! I'm sure Cat Dynamics can help: http://www.newgrounds.com/frames.php?location=/cat/index.html
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Ted, give me a moment to dig him up and I`ll mail him right off for a makeover.

Hey, isn`t that cat at the bottom wearing one of Gadgets eye things?

D

**DONOTDELETE**

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KenB:
Thanks Ted, give me a moment to dig him up and I`ll mail him right off for a makeover.
Hey, isn`t that cat at the bottom wearing one of Gadgets eye things?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good deal. If there is any brain tissue left they can replicate perhaps a model akin to 'fuzzums' would be appropriate? http://www.newgrounds.com/cat/week/012700.html

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey, that's one nifty looking little light. A search on Google produced this US site that sells them for $24.95.

Clip Light

Same search also produced these interesting little lights. Uses 3 LR44 buttons like the Pelican. Goes for $15. They also offer a 50 pack of the button batts for $12.
All-LEDs.jpg

Mini Led Flashlight

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL, Ted...

Ghost, right now I know of no lithium AAA`s...I hope someone makes them soon. I would like one for my Arc light.

How much does that light sell for in dollars? It might be very nice...small, bright and flexible.

The two led Ccrane sells for $20.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

...I heard lithium aaa's were coming this year. In the mean time you could write and ask for them:
[email protected]
(I emailed this address and so far it hasn't been returned as undeliverable...)
...has anyone tried building a light around one of the 3 rectangular plastic lithium batteries than come out of a disassembled lithium 9 volt batt.?

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Same search also produced these interesting little lights. Uses 3 LR44 buttons like the Pelican.

I got one of them off Ebay a little while ago.

Insert self-promotion for review here..... http://electriclights.tripod.com/flashlights/miniled.htm . One of these days I`ll get to it.
grin.gif

Nice looking lights, gold plated contacts too. Paid $20- on reflection I think that was a bit much. I wish I`d have known of that site before
frown.gif

No idea who makes them yet.

Quite a nicely made light and although I havn`t played with it much, it`s bright enough, seems quite reliable, and the white LED isn`t as blue tinted as most others I have- but that may be a coincidence. Not sure of the run time though- anyone know the capacity of those button cells they use?
One complaint I have is that the head could do with an o-ring or something to tighten it up. It relies on the friction of the threads to keep it on and after a fair bit of use, it might wear to the point where it unscrews freely and could be lost or turn on in your pocket.
Still, I forget who originally suggested it but Teflon plumbers tape wrapped round the threads a couple of times, seems to tighten it up nicely. It will wear off a bit eventually but you can just stick a bit more on when necessary.

grin.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Reply from Energizer re: aaa lithium batteries:
Dear Ted,
Thank you for visiting Energizer's Web site and also for your interest in
our lithium batteries.
Unfortunately, we do not manufacture "AAA" lithium cells. At this time, we
are only manufacturing "AA" and 9 volt lithium batteries. I would recommend
that you periodically visit our Web site to determine whether or not we will
be manufacturing an "AAA" lithium cell in the future. In the meantime, I
have forwarded your comments to Energizer's Product Design and Development Team for future consideration.
Hopefully, this information will assist you. Once again, thank you for
visiting our Web site. Please feel free to contact us with future questions, comments, or concerns.
Heather
Energizer Consumer Relations
...so they got my message. ( sent to: [email protected] )

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RonM:

Same search also produced these interesting little lights. Uses 3 LR44 buttons like the Pelican. Goes for $15. They also offer a 50 pack of the button batts for $12.
Mini Led Flashlight
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Pretty neat looking little lights not seen before.....
-I can feel that old addiction kicking in again...
shocked.gif

p.s.--Chris, those batts are most probably alkaline (120-140maH)?

X-CalBR8

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just emailed Energizer also. Maybe they are keeping a tally of votes to see how badly people really want AAA Lithiums. If so, I wanted to make sure that I got my vote in.
smile.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by X-CalBR8:
I just emailed Energizer also. Maybe they are keeping a tally of votes to see how badly people really want AAA Lithiums. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They got mine too.
tongue.gif

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been using clip-light daily for more than a month. I didn't even realize that this light is available in CCrane and in Germany.

The only difference is that my model comes with a 3-point headband. This headband is specially made for the clip light. You could use it as headlamp or clip it on your pocket. This could replace Petzl Tikka and a pocket light.

This light comes with 3 models (1 LED, 2 LEDs and 3 LEDs). I got the 2 LEDs.

It has a very good reflector and special battery case for 3 AAA. You twist the rubber head to turn it on and off. Unlike most twist-head light, it's not screw in or out type. You turn on by twisting it to the left, you will feel a "click" and be locked, you won't overturn. Turning it off will have the same effect. As you could see in the picture, it has marker for it.

This light is very SMALL and BRIGHT (for 2 LED). Thanks to its reflector. I use it on rechargeable AAA and still very bright. Don't be fool by its plastic look. It is pretty sturdy and feels solid.

I highly recommend this light. I got it at around $15.00 with the headband. The headband is very important for reading and won't annoy the one who sleeps next to you. I don't understand why CCrane carry the headlamp bundle. I guess it might clash with other LED headlamp models they carry.

Before this one, I use another LED light that have a built-in swivel CCFT and clip which runs on 4AAA for reading. That one is from different manufactuer from clip light. I don't think that light is available in the States.

Alan

Alan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brock, I got it from a local store. Many products designed and manufactured in Asia are available in Hong Kong long before they introduced to foreign importers.

I agree that light from 3 LED should be better (should be smoother than 2 LED). Unfortunately, 3 LED model wasn't available in the store I bought mine. I was only told by the store owner that they come in 3 models.

I told the store owner to call me if they got the 3 LED one. I haven't heard from him since then. Anyway, I will go there tomorrow to check if anything new. The store is in a street where all kinds of light and batteries stores (20+) are located.

Alan