What Is The Current Throw King Of 1 x 18650 Lights Available Today?

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know that this has been discussed in the past, but this also changes over time. So, what is the current throw king of single 18650 LED lights right now?

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you very much for the reply. I will go threw those and see which of those uses a single 18650 battery.

Capolini

Banned

CarpentryHero

Flashlight Enthusiast
Emisar D1s is a great choice, Skylumens has modded versions that'll throw 2 1/2 times what the stock one does.
Stock it's a little over 100k lux

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's a slightly different question, I don't know if the OP meant to ask it or not: what's the best thrower in a single 18650, that you can actually put in your pocket?

The ones mentioned so far are all toilet-plungers: huge heads with a tiny battery stuck on the back. There's no denying that they throw well, but there's no way to get them in a pocket.

So far as I know, that honor still goes to the Skylumens modded Eagtac TX25C2. I see that Vinh got one to break the TPT100 barrier: a truly pocketable thrower putting out more than 100k lux. My model from a few years ago puts out around 70k lux. Sounds like the body is discontinued. But Vinh will find us something new.

Capolini

Banned
There's a slightly different question, I don't know if the OP meant to ask it or not: what's the best thrower in a single 18650, that you can actually put in your pocket?

The ones mentioned so far are all toilet-plungers: huge heads with a tiny battery stuck on the back. There's no denying that they throw well, but there's no way to get them in a pocket.

So far as I know, that honor still goes to the Skylumens modded Eagtac TX25C2. I see that Vinh got one to break the TPT100 barrier: a truly pocketable thrower putting out more than 100k lux. My model from a few years ago puts out around 70k lux. Sounds like the body is discontinued. But Vinh will find us something new.

Guaranteed to fit in ones pocket!

Then that would be this w/ my XPG2. TX25C2vn V3 XPG2 DD/Single mode 900 Lumens/75Kcd. Field tested at 80Kcd[617 yds.]

There is also one w/ an Oslon Black flat that V54 is selling.

TX25_C2vn_V3_006.jpg

Thetasigma

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some contenders,

Emisar D1, 40kcd, actually fits into a pocket if you can find a useable clip.

Emisar D1S, 130kcd, fits in a jacket pocket.

Both are awesome at $40 in Black or grey, and 6500K, 5000K, or 4000K XP-L HIs.

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast

Then that would be this w/ my XPG2. TX25C2vn V3 XPG2 DD/Single mode 900 Lumens/75Kcd. Field tested at 80Kcd[617 yds.]

Yup, that's the very one! I don't know whether there is any other light its size with better throw (aside from that one-off model with the Oslon Black that Vinh modded).

But I also don't know whether that's what the OP is looking for--maybe the OP just wants the best 18560 thrower, no matter how big the head is, no matter how bulky and un-EDC-able it is.

It's really two entirely different niches, that only have the cell in common.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
A King of Throw is a tool that has the power to shine sufficient light at a distance that your terrain requires and your interest in what you are viewing, with the size of a hotspot most ideally suited to that purpose. If your terrain is vast, you'll need a larger reflector, maybe with a smaller emitter, and it most certainly can be achieved with a single 18650 battery. If it your terrain is more restricted, a smaller flashlight can be utilized with complete satisfaction. Some of us use this working definition.

Others talk about how throwy a light is when it is first turned on (for the first few seconds) with a fully charged high drain battery that is the latest rage. They may not care how washed out, or how green it makes everything that is illuminated.

This is a distinction that is too rarely spoken of. And we all have these wonderful choices in today's Wonderful World of Flashlights!

wjv

Enlightened
Interesting. . . Not a single mention of Armytek here, or in that other thread.
Not too long ago Armytek would have been the standard answer to 1x18650 thrower.

tomcat017

Enlightened

There is also one w/ an Oslon Black flat that V54 is selling.

TX25_C2vn_V3_006.jpg

This seemed like the ticket, at least for the "fits in pocket" class. Went over to skylumen to say "take my money!" and alas, no longer offered. Any runners-up in this size range?

Last edited:

Capolini

Banned
This seemed like the ticket, at least for the "fits in pocket" class. Went over to skylumen to say "take my money!" and alas, no longer offered. Any runners-up in this size range?

The D1Svn will also fit in your pocket but the head is bigger and that makes it a bit bulkier. Length is not much difference.

The OSLON LED[Spec. 3] with throw the furthest and heat is NOT an issue. Spec 1 and 2 can not stay on max output that long,,gets too hot.

Here is a line up vs. the TX25C2vn and the U21vn. D1Svn is in the MIDDLE. Link to D1Svn at bottom of page.

D1_Svn_comparison.jpg

https://skylumen.com/collections/v54-lights/products/emisar-d1svn-the-large-one

Last edited: