• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Acebeam H15 CREE XHP70.2 Max 2500LM Headlamp Global Testing Campaign

acebeam

Enlightened

Acebeam H15 CREE XHP70.2 Max 2500LM Headlamp Global Testing Campaign

Max 2500 lumens headlamp of H15 is presenting by Acebeam, In order to make the flashaholics to experience Acebeam new model, the new round of H15 Global Testing Campaign is coming. Look forward to your participation and support!

Acebeam H15 Features:

0054586_h15.jpeg

*1 x CREE XHP70.2 LED;
*Max 2500 lumens and 135 meters beam throw;
*Powered by 1 x 18650 battery(Acebeam 20A 3100mAh including);
*Magnetic control ring for 4 brightness grades;
*Switch click for 4 lumen outputs per brightness grade + Turbo + SOS + Strobe,
*Pocket light and headlamp in one;
*New head strap with anti-slip design ;​

Declaration of the campaign

Time of application: 19th December 2017~ 2nd January 2018

Form of application: send email to [email protected], introduce yourself including experience on reviews, which flashlight modes you reviewed before.

Requirements for the applicant: Individuals who can post their testing reports on more than one internet media or other relevant, such as website, blog, forums of flashlight, outdoor, photography, magazines and newspaper etc.;

The contents much include: Description and your personal feeling of the product; Images and video of the products, including appearance.

Report publicize effective time: Participants should publicize the report within 25days after receiving the H15, and send the related link to [email protected] .

Notice: 1. Acebeam will contact and select participants by sending emails within 24hrs, if no replies received without 48hrs means we are still in considering your status.
2. Acebeam have the ownership to use/forward the report including works, images, videos,etc.
3. Acebeam reserves the right of interpretation of this testing campaign.

Last edited:

78°North

Newly Enlightened
Fantastic headlamp! This replaced my trusty Zebralight 600mk II. The magnetic ring makes all the difference. Now, could you make one (H16?) with 20700/21700 battery?

SKV89

Enlightened
I tried both versions of the Acebeam H15. The 6500k CW had a very bluish tint. The 5000k NW also had a very slight hint of blue/magenta. In comparison, the Olight H2R Nova NW and Armytek Wizard Pro XPL v3 WW has a far more pleasing and warmer tint. The Wizard had the best rosy neutral tint of the three but of course is no where as bright since it is the XPL version.

Also there is a dark hole at the center of the beam in my NW version that I don't see in the CW version.

I'm disappointed because the headlamp is really nice looking and I love the rotary dimming control alot. However, for a headlamp, good pleasing tint really matters. I wish they had a 5D or 5A tint.

Edit: I bought another Olight H2R Nova NW and it was much cooler than my first one (seemed like 5000k vs 3200k). The cooler NW also had hint of tint. Compared to the Acebeam H15 NW, I slightly prefer the H15 because it didn't have any tint and both were just as cool (5000k ish). H15 is brighter than the H2R Nova.

Last edited:

ro.ma.

Enlightened
Strange, I have the NW version of 5000k and I do not know any black hole. The violet color on the sides of the spill is a bit characteristic of the XHP70.2 LED (Acebeam L30, Rofis MR70 etc).

PaladinNO

Enlightened
Based on this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRQkJhzkUaI

...I just ordered the H15 5000 K. I were looking for a ~1000 (or more) Lm floody headlight for night time walks, and while I already got a Fenix HP10 and Nitecore HC90, the Fenix has long since been cycled out due to too low output (225 Lm) and horrible beam pattern
Aand while the HC90 (900 Lm) is a very good light (great, even spread of light, perfect for me - I especially like the green LED night-vision option), it is WAY too front-heavy for running or even fast walking. Excellent for stationary work though, such as leaning over an engine bay or changing a wheel. Even mowing the lawn.

Of the 3 lights in the above video, "Wowtac A2S VS Olight H2R VS Acebeam H15", I try to avoid proprietary battery packs (Olight) and the possible latch-strap that can snap or get undone on its own (again, Olight) so that one had to go immediately.
The too low output of the Wowtac made that one go too (want something that can do 1500+ Lm, if only briefly) - also, paranoia maybe, but I don't trust batteries with USB-charging built into the battery itself.
Batteries are charged in a proper charger anyway.

However, the magnetic rotary controller on the H15 makes it look easy to use. No USB-charging or magnetic charging are just less things to go wrong or allow water ingress - for me, that's a good thing.
I don't expect it to handle the 2500 Lm constantly with so little metal as a heatsink (this is where the 900 Lm HC90 excels - if only they had placed the battery pack at the back of the head for better weight distribution), but if it can do 500-800 Lm all day (and not fall off my head every 10 steps), then it will be all worth the extra cost.

Snagged an extra Acebeam IMR18650 3100mAh 20A battery as a spare too. Looking forward to receiving the light. :)

Last edited:

PaladinNO

Enlightened
I cannot find it on your webside, Acebeam, but are there plans to make the H15 rubberized headband available for separate purchase?
That rubber insert was just a genius invention!

Also, loving my H15. I don't care what people say; no magnetic charging or USB-charging port was, for me, a big selling point - less things to go wrong. And that rotary switch and UI in general is brilliant.And unlike my Nitecore HC90, this one actually stays on my head when I'm walking. It doesn't have the same illumination radius as the HC90, but that just means it doesn't reflect in the rim of my glasses either.

LogansRun

Newly Enlightened
Yep, resurrecting this older thread... I recently picked up an H15 about 2 mths ago (2021!) after accidentally coming across a review and I really like this light. I've been a fan of ZL headlamps since their very first offerings but, when I'm rushed, I sometimes go through the ZL levels multiple times and get a little annoyed at myself for doing so.

The magnetic control ring on this light is a really great feature for quickly getting higher / lower output and it's dead simple to find the 4 distinct brightness levels, then tweak them with the other sub-levels. And I agree with others here who say that magnetic / USB-C charging is totally not necessary (I always have at least half a dozen spare 18650's lying around) so don't miss those features at all.

Great light, great interface and my two cents on tint: with my NW version, the tint is more neutral / white than both my ZL headlamps (H600c MKIV & H600w MKII) and also more neutral than my JB RRT-01 (2019 ver) which surprised me as that is my usual benchmark for NW.

My only gripe is that, with all XHP70.2 lights, the beam is very floody. I prefer a more focused beam but I guess that's what you get with that emitter.

Fantastic headlamp! This replaced my trusty Zebralight 600mk II. The magnetic ring makes all the difference. Now, could you make one (H16?) with 20700/21700 battery?
Agreed! It's replaced both my ZL headlamps for nighttime walks. I did wish that they came out with a magnetic ring version running 21700's but, sadly, looks like they've decided on the button interface for their future lights. That's too bad.

Last edited: