Whats the most exciting torch for 2004??

Luke

Newly Enlightened
Is there a new "make " on the market that I should look out for?? Is a custom made one?? And why do you like it

Cheers

Luke

HesNot

Enlightened
I'm sure there will be lots of votes for the Arc 4+, and it would receive my vote. While there has been significant hype over this light and some have been disapointed, for it's designed purpose, EDC, it brings a lot to the table - multiple levels, multiple modes, small size, built like a tank.

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most exciting, I'd go with Arc 4+, Mr Bulk's VIP or one of the new Pelican Luxeon lights.

Psychomodo

Enlightened
Arc4+, VIP, SuperlightII, Tigerlight FBOP (with forthcoming upgrade!).
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif

Zelandeth

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think that seeing what Nuwai add to their range over the next year should be interesting, given the products that they've released so far, always been well made with excellent performance relative to the cost. Should be interesitng to see what comes next, and they're within most people's pricerange. The likes of the Arc4+ are certainly interesting and exciting, but how many people with an average income can justify spending $200 or above on a flashlight - even the most advanced one out there?

Luke

Newly Enlightened
As a new member i can understand that there can be many different "Wants" from a new product. But sometimes a torch comes along that gets everyones attention and becomes a classic. The VIP sounds like its allready!! but no good to me as I cannnot buy one..... Cost realy isnt involded. It could be a $30.00 wonder that pops up and everyone wnats it because its so cool and good value.

I have been spending a long time looking at the far east companies for whats coming... bet they jump on the "American designer flashlight " thing soon!!

Cheers for your time and answers

luke

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
arc4+! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Deanster

Enlightened
I think the new Inovas have a good prospect for being the most exciting. I'm hopeful that they'll have Arc-level performance (Not the Arc4, obviously), at reasonable prices.

We'll need to see how production units perform, though.

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
About the only one that I am "hanging on" for is the Streamlight Strion. It holds much promise for me.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
TerraLUX single AA Luxeon light.
$24 for a Luxeon running off a single AA battery. People have been asking for that type of light for at least two years and now it becomes available.
I plan on getting a few of them and give them to friends, one will be packed with a lithium AA for emergency purposes. $24...
The most exciting light would be the Surefire U2...I will not buy one but it is exciting. If I can get ahold of a X3T 5 watter...the most exciting light will be the one I build.
Now for the TerraLUX single AA light to come out and get decent reviews.

DanM

Newly Enlightened
For the money I think ElektroLumens XM2 looks to be a great light. Wayne's FT-3C has already been a big hit.

Aaron

Newly Enlightened
Psychomodo, what Tigerlight FBOP upgrade are you talking about?