Emisar D 7

boo

Newly Enlightened
Where can I find the most information about this light. I know it is "in the works" but I would like to find any information I can.
Thanks boo

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast
No new info that I've seen for months, and the only official information I've seen is in the BLF D4 review thread started by Toykeeper. Hank Wang, the person behind Emisar, made a few comments spread through the thread, mostly early on. There's not a lot in there that I remember, beyond that it would have 7 emitters and 3x18650 batteries, and he would be working on it after the D1 and D1s were in production.

Since then it has turned out there was the titanium D4 in the works, and it's never been quite clear if he's also interested in a v3 of the firmware, too.

So, hopefully it is in the works right now, and obviously it will involve an all new body design, presumably a new optic (Carclo doesn't make a 7-emitter optic as a standard product), and potentially some driver changes for the higher power.

Actually, doing a search just now before posting this, I see a recent rumor from Toykeeper (who may have inside information) that there are some driver updates in the works for better low mode efficiency:
http://budgetlightforum.com/comment/1248546#comment-1248546