NITECORE -- Keep Innovating        

Thread: Google Home/Mini

Default Google Home/Mini

Anyone here have experience with this or is a newbie like I am? I purchased a Google Home for my wife as a Christmas Present.
    ... it's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, It's what you leave behind you when you go.

Default Re: Google Home/Mini

I'm an Amazon Alexa person / family.

Although I was a little PO'd yesterday when I ordered soemthing and next day (extra $$) was Tuesday and "two day" was Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by nfetterly View Post
    I'm an Amazon Alexa person / family.

Although I was a little PO'd yesterday when I ordered soemthing and next day (extra $$) was Tuesday and "two day" was Friday.
    I noticed that too. Luckily I didn't buy nothing important but just burning gift cards.
    GOOD TINT!

Have both an Amazon Echo Dot and Siri on my Apple devices; the Echo/Alexa really shines when controlling Philips HUE lightbulbs, since she doesn't need to recognize the voice doing the asking - anyone can control the lights just by speaking, no app or device necessary.

Originally, I had an Amazon Echo. Two, in fact. Them I got a Google Home to see what it was like.

Now I have 5 Google Homes around the house (you can link them and use them as an intercom system) and the Echos have found new homes elsewhere.

I really like that I can say "Play [music] on all devices" and the music plays on every device in the house. I use that function whenever we have company.

I'm enjoying this GH device. I got some wall outlets to be able to control some lighting in a few rooms.

I'm struggling with the playing of music, because more times than not, it tells me a subscription is required and plays me a playlist that it feels is similar to the requested song.
    ... it's not what you take when you leave this world behind you, It's what you leave behind you when you go.

I imported the mini because they aren't being sold in my country. I love it. I got one in my bedroom. I can just tell it to play one of my spotify playlists (I got premium) when I want, say next song and it will change the song, I can ask it how long it takes me to get to work, before I go to bed I tell it to play white noise, then tell it to stop playing in an hour and the last thing is that I tell it to wake me up at a specific time. In the morning I say goodmorning to it and it tells me the weather and starts playing news. If they ever get to my country I will buy one for every room.

We picked up some outlets and can now control some of or lights with GH and/or remotely from my phone.