I really had a blast with my arc this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk

Newly Enlightened
I have been using an arc lshf-p for about three months, and love it. I use it mainly when I am working on cars or walking at night, but this weekend was a true test of the light. While thinking of something to do this weekend, I checked out Natural Bridge Caverns web site, and they now offer a flashlight tour of a small section. Being a flashaholic, I just had to go. They provided flashlights and when they took my ticket and handed me a flashlight (mag 3d), I pulled out my tiny arc and told them I had my own. The guy kinda looked at me weird, but said nothing.

The room was dimly lit, and the flashlights were needed to view the formations. The guide shined has light on particular formations and talked about them. Once I lighted the formation with my arc, a number of heads looked my way to see where all the light was coming from. Interestingly enough, no one asked about it, but some people in the tour started to hang around me waiting until I used my light to examine formations. It was great. All in all, I did two tours, and even the one that did not use flashlights was greatly aided by having one. What a blast. The next time I go, I hope to have my arc4+ with me and I will let a friend use the ls.

Peter, you make great lights.

kitelights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome another Virginian to CPF.

It's been years since I've visited the caverns, but this sounds like motivation to do it again. If I remember, the area that we toured was lit up.

Do they still have the ice rink at the Lodge?

bigmikey

Newly Enlightened
Sounds like fun, I went to Mammoth caves here in Utah while working at Bryce Canyon in the summer, and it was awesome, to bad I didnt have very good lights with me then. Anyway, I took a Brinkman Legend LX witch sucked, the batteries drained very quickly, so I took it back and got another, and the same thing happened. But now when I go caving, I will be bringing good lights.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Dave Wright

Enlightened
I try to avoid choosing inappropriate times, but it is amusing to use the LHSF-P to light up objects during crowded events. Several weeks ago I attended a dinner for the Friends of Paris Mountain, a group to which I belong. The predinner program was an Native American dancer. He had fabulous costumes and did a wonderful job explaining the parts. The "bonfire" they set for the event was quite small though. People really couldn't see his costume detail. At one point, while he was explaining (not dancing) I spotted him. Wow! So white and well defined, somewhat like a theater spot. After that people asked for lighting from time to time. The light got handed around some, which I didn't mind since I trust the group. People are consistently surprised and pleased by the LSHF-P. People often remark how wonderfully efficient LEDs are, burning for so many hours. Every now and then, depending on the situation, I point out that THIS light doesn't burn for 150 hours, which is why it is so bright.

Status
Not open for further replies.