Will foursevens mini turbo mk2 benefit from rcr?

torchsarecool

Enlightened
Hi folks.

I cant figure out if my standard mk2 turbo will benefit in output from a standard rcr123. I know that foursevens say it needs their custom cell to achieve 1000+ lumens but i cant get hold of one these.

Olights imr is no good as it is customised for in light charger. Looking at efest imr16340? Any thought?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

jdboy

Enlightened
I'm running a Efest 700mah IMR 16340 Li-Mn V2 in my light and I can say with all certainty that I receive a significant output boost with it over a primary.

EDIT: I just re-read your post and realized that you were asking if you would receive a bump in output over a standard RCR and not a primary, sorry for the confusion. I'll swap in one of my AW Black cells and see if there's any difference the naked eye can detect and report back.

EDIT #2: Ok, I'm not sure if my eyes were playing tricks on me or not but I swear the Efest produced more output than my AW Black cell on turbo. I changed the batteries out twice and even ask my wife if she could tell a difference. Normally she just rolls her eyes when I ask her a question like this but she even seemed to agree with what I was seeing. Hope this helps.

Last edited:

torchsarecool

Enlightened
Cool thanks. So i guess efest is the ultimate for output. However the AW would give some added safety.

Hmmmm.....efest it is

Appreciate your help Jdboy :thumbsup:

jdboy

Enlightened
Cool thanks. So i guess efest is the ultimate for output. However the AW would give some added safety.

Hmmmm.....efest it is

Appreciate your help Jdboy :thumbsup:

More than welcome, always enjoy enabling another flashaholic lol.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
Runs brighter on a 16340 but my advice is to use a protected battery as it really eats um up. I have a few from 4/7 and think the max draw is around 3A (guessing for 5C). I will test it on a Fenix 700 mAh 16340.

Bruno28

Enlightened
I think Nitecore has a 16340 that's rated for 5amps, so should work. I have the turbo but also wanted an extra battery for my mini mkII titanium.

torchsarecool

Enlightened
Thanks for the input everyone.
Initially ive ordered an AW rcr, but will get an imr for extra oomph soon. Probably efest.
I will look at nitecores cell. Olights seems to have an exposed rim for in light charging which is what concerns me regarding compatibilty in the foursevens.

torchsarecool

Enlightened
Ahhh what a fool....ive just noticed the AW cell is flat top. Well that aint gonna work.
Wont work in my d25c either....damn! Wasted valuable dosh there.

Unless i blob some solder on it perhaps

Woods Walker

The Fenix RB-L16-700 16340 Battery could not sustain the Turbo mode. It would just wink out as guessing the protection circuit said no. The 4/7 500 mAh 5C can hold it. Not sure what other protected 16350 is 5C. I didn't see any but only looked for maybe 10 minutes.

torchsarecool

Enlightened
Its looking likely to go efest imr eventually. I guess ill trust the lights low voltage protection alongside my own common sense.
For now I will try and solder a button top on the AW when it comes, see if i can get it working.
Thanks for your time everyone!

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get THIS protected 5C IMR from Olight - it's the same cell as FourSevens - like other products, they joint ventured this cell and magnetic Li-ion/NiMh cable charger. Protection circuit probably eats some capacity, but the MKii mode spacing is geared high and so easy to run voltage down - good piece of mind.

Woods Walker

Oh snap! That's the same battery as the 4/7s. Buy that one. Also near as I can tell there is no low voltage protection in the light. The battery protection is it.

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get THIS protected 5C IMR from Olight - it's the same cell as FourSevens - like other products, they joint ventured this cell and magnetic Li-ion/NiMh cable charger. Protection circuit probably eats some capacity, but the MKii mode spacing is geared high and so easy to run voltage down - good piece of mind.

I've got the 47's IMR's, they work great in high current lights like the Mini Mk II Turbo and the SureFire E1B-MV.

The Olight version linked above has this odd warning in the Battery Juction product listing:

Please note: Only charge this battery inside of the product. Do not use an external charger.

I'm not sure how I can charge these batteries inside of the product. :thinking:

Boris74

Newly Enlightened
I've got the 47's IMR's, they work great in high current lights like the Mini Mk II Turbo and the SureFire E1B-MV.

The Olight version linked above has this odd warning in the Battery Juction product listing:

I'm not sure how I can charge these batteries inside of the product. :thinking:

I charge all three of my Olight S1R 16340 cells in a Nitecore UM10 and D4 charger all the time. Same with my H1R cell.

They probably figure some chargers may not be designed as precise and the +/- side will both make contact with the + side on some chargers.

Ive noticed on mine, that charging them in the light doesn't always fill it up all the way sometimes. So I'll take them out every now and then when I run them down all the way and put a full consistent charge on them.

Sounds like a cover their butt standardized statement.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want to chip in too.. i am using shockli imr 16340 on my fourseven mini turbo with the modded sst40 ( 1350 lumen ).. i didnt see any lumen step down ( except the light will get hot )..

Try shockli imr 16340.

Last edited: