Maxtorch        

Thread: Cable help needed

Default Cable help needed

I need a cable with a minu usb connector at one end and a connector at the other end with alligator clips or similar.

Can someone help me?

Default Re: Cable help needed

I would say quickest (like 3 minutes, if you're really being careful): buy alligator clip "test leads" (favorite auction site, electronics site, whatever), and splice them to any mini usb cable of your choice. Scissors and tape will do the job, but you get bonus points for using solder and heat shrink.

Or, if you don't like the looks of spliced cables, get bare alligator clips, and either solder or splice/wrap the cut usb cable directly to the alligator clips.

Default Re: Cable help needed

Quote Originally Posted by Keitho View Post
    I would say quickest (like 3 minutes, if you're really being careful): buy alligator clip "test leads" (favorite auction site, electronics site, whatever), and splice them to any mini usb cable of your choice. Scissors and tape will do the job, but you get bonus points for using solder and heat shrink.

Or, if you don't like the looks of spliced cables, get bare alligator clips, and either solder or splice/wrap the cut usb cable directly to the alligator clips.
    I found a mini usb in my "electronics box".

Did what you said. Soldered them and used shrink wrap.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/o5axxnl6gx...iUsb.jpeg?dl=0
    Last edited by fixit7; 12-30-2017 at 12:19 PM.