RIP FourSevens... Need recommendations for accessories for a QS2L-X

mgronan

Newly Enlightened
Hello all. I am brand new to this forum. I'm not much of a flashaholic, but I do carry a flashlight every single day. I own a Gen 1 Preon 2 and a brand new QS2L-X. I picked up the light on sale, but didn't check back until after the holidays - only to find that FourSevens is kaput :( and that the RCR123's that I hoped to purchase were completely sold out. I'm looking for recommendations of similar RCR123's and chargers that I can run in my new light.

I appreciate any feedback.

- Matt.

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
You will have no problem finding RCR123's. The Fenix ARB-L16-700 is my favorite. However if I understand correctly why you might be asking this question has to do with the special type of tail cap switch that is on these Quark Smart lights. The operation of that switch is real finicky when using longer batteries. I believe there could be a length issue when going with RCR123's (16340 batteries). At least I know there is with the Quark Smart QSL-X when substituting an RCR123 for a CR123A. A standard RCR123 battery is just a little bit longer than a CR123A and therein lies the problem. Now what I don't know is if Foursevens had a special RCR123 battery that is shorter and thus would work in this light. I kind of doubt that its any different than any other 16340 but I'll let some of the other guys chime in that may be more familiar than I.