I'm afraid my Nitecore d10 finally died. Can it be fixed?

greyling22

Newly Enlightened
I've had a Nitecore d10 for nearly a decade now. It's not the brightest light, but it is compact and the UI is the best I have ever seen used. And the operation is totally silent.

Well, over the past few years when the battery got low it started operating funny, but a fresh battery fixed it. But this time, when I changed in a new battery it will not longer turn on. I took out the contact ring and unscrewed the board/spring/led assembly and cleaned off all the contact points and it is still dead.

So 2 questions: is there hope for bringing it back to life, if so, who to send it to and is it worth it?
2) if not, does it have any value as parts to somebody, or is it garbage?

greyling22

Newly Enlightened
Ted, that is really cool to see what people can do, but that is so far beyond my skills. I can pretty much change the batteries and that's it :)

Camping nut, thanks for the tip on a possible fixer, but I thing that with the advancements in LEDs over the past 10 years, I'm probably better off buying a new light. The Nitecore ea11, thrunite neutron v3, and zebralights all hold some appeal and offer way more performance.

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you contacted Nitecore? The typically will repair any Nitecore light regardless of age for the cost of parts only. If you decide you do not want to fix it, I would be interested in adding it to my collection after I repair or mod it. I can trade for a functional light-let me know what you are interested in and let's barter.

harro

Enlightened
I have a D20 which is essentially the same apart from the fact it take two cells and not one. I started having trouble with it a while ago, along the lines of what you describe. A good clean, PLUS replacement of the o rings sorted the issue, and it hasnt missed a beat since.. Its something to do with the sliding section contacting the fixed section. I hope this helps, and it sorts the issue for you, they are a really nice light, especially that switch. I wouldnt be to quick to ditch such a high quality and relatively rare light. A bit of appropriate lube on the o ring helps to extend its life and thus the life of the torch.

Last edited:

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
That would be a shame to let your D10 go. It's a highly sought after light that I am sure you would have no problem selling or trading. It is a classic and unique enough, that I wouldn't let it go. I used to have a couple D10's years ago, and am sorry I let them go in search of light nirvana. Thankfully I kept my D20. One of my favorite lights. Doesn't get a whole lot of use any more, but it is on my night stand ready, willing, and able any time I need it.

Here is my D20
29c5j5h.jpg

And the two D10's I let go years ago :sigh:

Nitecore D10 SP
eum4ud.jpg

NiteCore D10 Q5r
27wu5uf.jpg

Last edited:

rockhound42

Newly Enlightened
Flashaholics is totally legit, always top notch service from Antony there. I've bought loads from him, usually when I want something next day or don't mind the few quid extra to support a retailer in the UK.

badtziscool

Flashlight Enthusiast

greyling22

Newly Enlightened
I traded the light away to crazy Eddie. I hope he can get it running. And if you ever get a chance to deal with or talk to Eddie, he is a really helpful and great guy.

Batou00159

Enlightened
Flasaholics blurb is nee old stock look like gen 2 to me with the smaller o ring at the switch end and trit slot on switch.
The unit i got seems legit also with original packaging and plastic card for warranty:)