• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Peak Night Patrol beam pattern

Krumbbs1976

Newly Enlightened
Just got my stainless steel Night Patrol NP600A and I'm loving it so far though I admit the beam pattern is very strange to me it's a circle with a square around it.. I mean it looks cool and everything but it takes some getting used to :)

951069b8614f6006c19e1db735437ca3.jpg

The infinite adjustment knob is awesome! It goes from 0.0005 lumens all the way to 600 in 1/2 turn of the knob. No flickering or stuttering!

Here's a photo of ultra low mode
4188ca15db2421bfe7ff9f22dbaa7c1a.jpg

Looks like the tail cap cover and the control knob for brightness are both aluminum. The rest is stainless steel.

5738dd430f315d6e7b2f47732c46af19.jpg

One thing that's kind of a drawback at least to some folks is that the tail clicky sticks out just a tiny bit from the cover. I've used that feature like 5 times another flashlights so I'm not really worried about it.

27f89c4f21dc94a7f7baa545d0de6e02.jpg

This thing is built like a freaking tank on steroids!

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe the tail cover is delrin, and its a press style fit, and should be able to slide a bit so it can tail stand....

pmek5

Newly Enlightened
I've had a 400A for a while now. Such a great light. Prefect weight & balance. Adjustment knob is very useful for many tasks.

Krumbbs1976

Newly Enlightened
What I love the most about my light is the fact you can change the brightness with it still being off so if you know you're going to need a low mode you could have it all the way down and if you think you may need to Blind somebody just a flick and it's all the way up before you even turn it on. It's my perfect light. I work night security 12 hours a night 7 p.m. till 7 a.m. and I really couldn't ask for a better setup. The only thing I really wish it had was a little bit more lumens on the high-end. Though I hear Peak LED Solutions is going to be coming out with newer larger model soon!

Krumbbs1976

Newly Enlightened
I think the 600 lumen version I have they created in 2012 or 2013. So there's plenty of options to upgrade the LED and still keep the same package. Hopefully they do that.

Krumbbs1976

Newly Enlightened
I love the ultra-low mode on it too after your eyes adjust to pitch black and you put it on ultra low mode you can just barely make out the face of your watch.. you can also read high contrast larger print say about a half inch but anything other than that like normal handwriting for the life of me I cannot make out and I have 20 20 eyesight. So if you're looking for a box of something with black lettering on cardboard it's doable.