Manker E02 like dislike or indifferent?

R.W.D.

Enlightened
I just snagged one recently to replace my AAA titan.
I think for the price it's awesome with great physical features like a good clip and Mag base. I think it has good UI but the ano could be better and I have a weird issue with it.

My issue is that occasionally when I turn on turbo fresh battery or old sometimes it drops noticeably in under two seconds but not all of the time. I'm wondering if it's the negative contact just giving resistance and sometimes I feel like if I clean it and crank down on it I don't get that problem but it could be my imagination. Last night I noticed it did the drop on other modes also but it's an intermittent problem. I only use lithium primary cells so I don't feel that it's the battery.

Anyone else had that problem or others that I'm yet to know of?

And what are your thoughts in total of the E02?

Last edited:

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Manker E03 like dislike or indifferent?

Thanks for bringing this to my attention - I wasn't aware of this light.

I just may buy the high CRI version.

I wonder how well the diffuser stays in place when the light is clipped inside the back pocket, as I currently carry my E02?

I like the mode spacing.

R.W.D.

Enlightened

By defuser do you mean reflector? For just under $20 it's an awesome buy imo especially since I bought it to replace a light that is dimmer, no clip, no mag base, only has two modes, and cost three times as much.

I have the high CRI and I honestly love this little light enough to buy three more in the next few days.

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast

The E03H on Manker's website comes with diffusers that snap on the face of the light and slide over the lens to diffuse the light or away from the lens for unaltered beam pattern.

I don't see any plain E03 on Manker's website, only the E03H.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast

I just snagged one recently to replace my AAA titan.
I think for the price it's awesome with great physical features like a good clip and Mag base. I think it has good UI but the ano could be better and I have a weird issue with it.

My issue is that occasionally when I turn on turbo fresh battery or old sometimes it drops noticeably in under two seconds but not all of the time. I'm wondering if it's the negative contact just giving resistance and sometimes I feel like if I clean it and crank down on it I don't get that problem but it could be my imagination. Last night I noticed it did the drop on other modes also but it's an intermittent problem. I only use lithium primary cells so I don't feel that it's the battery.

Anyone else had that problem or others that I'm yet to know of?

And what are your thoughts in total of the E03?

Can you put up a pic of this light or link?

R.W.D.

Enlightened

Oh yea I see that now.. man thats kinda cool too! I'll be honest I just snagged mine from Amazon surfing for a single AAA light.

Mine does not have a defuser but that just gives me more of an excuse to buy another now 😏

As for adding a link I don't remember the rules on who from or where I am allowed to post them from. But you can search manker E02 on Google, Amazon, etc and find it. It's a small fixed angle light and it's pretty awesome.

LightObsession

Flashlight Enthusiast

Oh, you have the E02, not the E03 that's in the title of your thread?

I have an E02 clipped inside my back pocket.

When mine drops out of Turbo immediately, I just put a fresh AAA NiMh in it and it's back to normal operation.

R.W.D.

Enlightened

Oh crap I don't now how I screwed that up haha now I don't know how to fix it either..

R.W.D.

Enlightened

It's because I use the hot key of E for 3 and got that number stuck in my own head..

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast

Here is the light in question.

01__67838.1497423731.1280.1280.jpg

http://www.mankerlight.com/manker-e02-best-aaa-flashlight-220-lumen-right-angle-light/

Nev

Banned
Manker E03 like dislike or indifferent?

I ordered a warm white , they sent me a cool white , thier mistake ( they admitted it) but they expect me to pay to send it back..
Disgraceful.

flatline

Flashlight Enthusiast

I really like the E02 that I've got. It's attached to my phone holster so that I always have access to hands free light.

There are lots of things to like about this light. Just off the top of my head:
1. nice beam profile
2. beautiful tint
3. high CRI
4. magnet (magnets make anything cooler)
5. UI lets me start in low whenever I want
6. UI also lets me start in my memorized mode whenever I want
7. Programmable low level
8. can lock the light out by loosening the tail (why isn't this more common?)
9. decent clip

And it's at a great price point.

If I used it as a work light, I'd probably upgrade to the AA version, but I can get buy on the runtime of the AAA for now.

I'd recommend it to anyone who isn't intimidated by a multi-mode light.

--flatline

cyclesport

Enlightened
To the OP, it does kinda sound like your "drop out of high in a few sec's" problem is battery related...have you tried other batt's? If not I'd bet you've got a driver issue.

I mention circuit problem since I've had two of these because the first one was DOA, and three Manker E11's, and two of those have died. I like several of Manker's light offerings, especially the simple UI of the E02, + Manker was prompt to replace all failed lights, but IMHO, they really need to concentrate on improving QC.

Last edited:

R.W.D.

Enlightened

All of what you like is right on point👌

Yea like I said it's not always but when it does it'll do it on a new or used lithium primary cell. I want to get rid of the negative contact point they have and put in a copper one for longevity. The failure I get with twisty lights is when it's a PCB contact because it can wear out over time. I've had it happen so I figured if I do that it might help as the existing one could be making poor contact and it would future proof it against being a weak point.

iamlucky13

Flashlight Enthusiast

All of what you like is right on point

Yea like I said it's not always but when it does it'll do it on a new or used lithium primary cell. I want to get rid of the negative contact point they have and put in a copper one for longevity. The failure I get with twisty lights is when it's a PCB contact because it can wear out over time. I've had it happen so I figured if I do that it might help as the existing one could be making poor contact and it would future proof it against being a weak point.

Lithium primary batteries are very good in cold weather, have a very long shelf life, and outperform alkalines, but for maximum power output for relatively high output lights like the E02, your best bet is a good rechargeable NiMH battery like the Sanyo Eneloops. I suspect you might get more consistent turbo performance with those.

R.W.D.

Enlightened

I have avoided rechargeables since the last time I used this forum because I had a set of energizers ruin my Fenix tk-45. They asked for all 42 of my cells my chargers and the light. They sent me the light back and told me their tech determined the damage was from an alkaline which I never use and honestly I'm not sure if that light would run on them.

They sent the light back to me with one busted lens, the pulled off the button covers, and scratched the ano up badly around where the rechargeable leaked. They also kept my cells and chargers and said they cannot give them back because they were part of a warranty claim. I was also not given any kind of compensation. I know people love rechargeable batteries and are happy to not need to buy primary cells constantly. I'm on the other end of the spectrum and I don't like to have to mess around with something to get it to work or worry about recharging them. Besides batteries are a free perk of my job as a requirement by those who need my services so it's no cost no hassle which works fine for me. I have enough other devices to worry about charging to bother with batteries also. I'm not knocking them and I fully understand why a lot of people like them but it's not what fits my needs.

Turns out my guess was right that the negative contact had resistance which I mitigated and haven't had that problem yet. At some point I will replace the negative contact with one I make.

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened

Lithium primary batteries are very good in cold weather, have a very long shelf life, and outperform alkalines, but for maximum power output for relatively high output lights like the E02, your best bet is a good rechargeable NiMH battery like the Sanyo Eneloops. I suspect you might get more consistent turbo performance with those.

In a non regulated light, you will probably see much more consistent performance from a rechargeable cell because alkaline batteries voltage comes down in basically a straight line on a graph. A NiMh battery will hold its voltage pretty flat and then suddenly fall at the end of the discharge curve.