anyone recall thsi toy?

raggie33

*the raggedier*
it was my fav as a kid .ok its a rocket was red see thru ya put water in it. then ya put it on a pump and pumped it to ya cant pump it no more.then ya relssed it . i wonder if any of you had one or liked them

Empath

Flashaholic
They were around even when I was a kid. They were fun, but I always ended up loosing it on a roof.

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yup...I had one that had stages, like a Saturn rocket!

Unfortunately, I haven't seen one of those in a long time, some lawyer probably put 'em out of business.

--dan

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Oh man does that bring back memories! I remember these and I remember playing with it all the time, yes I did like it as far as I can remember. I remember exactly what the transparent red rocket looked like but I don't recall what the pump thingy looked like.

I remember asking my grandpa why my new rocket would not fly. No matter what he said or showed me, I kept thinking that the more water you put in it the higher it would fly. But of course every time I filled it up too much leaving no room for air, it barely shot up. I thought he was the king at making it fly simply because I was too young to understand why it flew so high when he did it. Later, I finally learned how it worked and was able to launch it myself. I sat around one day waiting for it to return from the sky. It never did. It was a sad day. It was on top of the neighbors roof.

Thanks raggie for the great memorie.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
lol my parents didnt belive in ninetindo no inside toys i had. i had lots of outside cool toys i even recall my dad n step mom buying me a moped i was like 12 they got it for like 10 bucks at garges sale i wasnt alowed to drive it legaly. but it didnt work they wanted me to fix it 2 hours later i was driveing it had a blast with it to drove it to i tutned 16

MR Bulk

Flashaholic
We always shot ours at an angle -- lobbing'em at each other like the mortars we saw in the Combat TV series.

And lawyers or no, we all turned out okay...

Silviron

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had one... the cool thing I discovered is that you could put a couple of Alka Seltzer in it and not have to pump!!

Got in trouble a couple of times for wasting the Alka Seltzer, but it was worth it!

6pOriginal

Enlightened
I never get to play with that before, until a few weeks ago. We had to make our own soda bottle version of that in my aerospace engineering class, and we had to do a bunch of calculations with it....pretty fun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

MacGyver

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
6pOriginal said:
I never get to play with that before, until a few weeks ago. We had to make our own soda bottle version of that in my aerospace engineering class, and we had to do a bunch of calculations with it....pretty fun /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

This bottle rocket really goes!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember those. We use to play with them in summer evenings when the days were long, and it stayed hot until morning. We would launch them till we were soaked, or it got dark, and all the kids in the neighborhood met out in the street for the nightly game of hide-n-seek. All of that was in a time, and place long ago, and far away. Now I live those days of innocence, and leisure through the eyes of my daughter. I enjoy it as much now as I did then. But then that little twinge tugs at my heart, and reminds me, that God wiling, she too will someday live those memories as I do now. The sadness of realizaing, she to, has to one day grow up, and experience the pain of the world to know the goodness of it is all washed away by her next smile or the sound once more of her laughter. Then my eyes will smile, and my soul will lift, knowing that the happiness I thought was in the memories of days gone by, is really in the love of the moment of time that I was given with her.
Man what a trip down memory lane. Thanks

So about the long reply but you started it!

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, Bravo, that was a perfect description of my summertime, neighborhood fun in the 50's. We weren't well off but my folks were generous with their time and few $$. I was lucky enough to have a rocket like dano mentioned - it had two small stages atop a large one. Couldn't believe how far they went or that they didn't break.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had one too /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif At least one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Made my dad get out the ladder to get it down off the roof I can't tell you how many times /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Boy, were those FUN!

Now, for playing at night we're going to have to outfit one with an LED flasher!

Another couple of years and my kids will be old enough to play with something like that without putting an eye out... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

This wind up flying bird is another thing I remember playing with outside (and inside) in the summer. I associate both those things with museum gift shops... I think I got them after trips downtown to those with my dad...

6pOriginal

Enlightened
20 bucks for that?! and it doesn't even include a soda bottle /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif oh...and at least our homemade ones had nose cones...

Just for fun, one time we pumped it to like 100 PSI, I was surprised that the bottle and the rubber hose would hold that much pressure /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

robstarr-lite

Newly Enlightened
ya i remember this, used it alot one summer, last time it flew was great...[ really filled it and pumped and pumped away]...then, from what i thought was a safe distance out in the street fired away....went great.....until it made an abrupt 90 degree turn and flew right into my sister's room, 2nd story....just hung there stuck spraying away...did not make it thru the 2nd inside window....funny i don't recall seeing it after that day.......