Momentary-on keychain flashlight? Rechargeable is a big plus.

levander

Newly Enlightened
I'd been using an UltraTac K18 on my keychain for a couple of years and was very happy with it. Except I kept having to change the AAA battery because I'd accidentally leave the light on and the battery would run out..

i finally came to the realization that there is just no way I'm going to remember to turn the light off often enough for it to not be annoying. So I wanted to switch to one of those lights that are momentary-on only.

i thought I found the answer in the Streamlight Keymate USB. That light has a bunch of modes I did not want. But while you're charging it via USB, if you hold down the push-button, it turns on "demo mode". And all the push button will do is while it's pressed down, the light will be on. And when the push button is not pressed down the light will be off, which is exactly what I wanted.

However, the damn light fell off my keychain like the third day I had it. There's this weird spring loaded clasp that you use to clip the light onto something. And when I put it on my keychain, I was worried about it falling off. Turns out I was right.

Any other momentary on keychain lights I should look at? Rechargeable would be really nice.

levander

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, I'd seen the TINI. It looks like a really nice light. I had no idea it had a demo mode. Do most of these "multi-mode" lights have a demo mode?

i'm gonna have to find more information on the TONI demo mode though. It seems to have two push buttons on it. Not sure what the other button would do. The Nitecore Tube only has one push button on it I think. If it has a demo mode, maybe that's the one Ii'm looking for?

Boris74

Newly Enlightened
Yeah, I'd seen the TINI. It looks like a really nice light. I had no idea it had a demo mode. Do most of these "multi-mode" lights have a demo mode?

i'm gonna have to find more information on the TONI demo mode though. It seems to have two push buttons on it. Not sure what the other button would do. The Nitecore Tube only has one push button on it I think. If it has a demo mode, maybe that's the one Ii'm looking for?

The two buttons are no big deal. I have the TIP with the day time settings and it will turn off after 30 seconds. It's perfect. I find myself rarely needing more than that amount of light with a keychain light anyway. The TIP holds a charge a long time. The TINI probably isn't much different, though I haven't played with one yet.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
TINI needs a 2 second press to activate but turbo momentary comes on fairly quick. Hold both buttons to change from Demo to Everyday mode and the same to go back to Demo.