What are you using your colored Everleds for?

Do you want to manufacture EternaLights?

• White

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yellow

• Green

• Teal

• Blue

• Red

• Total voters

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently posted a WTB for colored everleds, and have no responses so far. In fact, only a handful even looked! I know many were sold, so I'm wondering what you all are doing with your everleds, especially the colored ones.

Even the white ones are curious. Sure, they are super easy to create mods with, but there has been much posting about how other 1W LS solutions may be brighter and perhaps cheaper as well. I'm just interested in dusting the Everled conversation off a bit to see what current thoughts are.

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a teal one, basically for wow factor, but also brightness, as it is much brighter than my white EverLED.

FluffyGrunt

Enlightened
The dimmer of my 2 white Everleds is in one of my loaner lights.
My Teal is mainly for fun, it's a neat color to wave around. It hurts my eyes if I use it for more then a couple minutes and I find it difficult to see much detail with it. Sorta makes things look blurry at a distance.
I really like the Red, easy on my eyes and allows me to see a good amount of detail, much more then I can make out with the Teal. Also fun to wave around /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif.
The brighter of my 2 whites is currently in a 2D Rayovac Industrial chewing up some D cells that that have "Best if used my Mar 03" stamped on them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif, it doesn't seem to mind. It's putting out just a little less overall light then my Arc-Lsh. In my 4D mag it puts out a little bit more overall light then my LSH, or I could just be imagining things. Much better then the crappy Krypton bulb that came with the Rayovac. Brighter, whiter, and regulated to boot.
The main downside for me is that I just flat out like my Arc-LSH and E2e-Kl1 better so they get used more often. Plus I haven't been able to find an easily pocketable EverLed host that I like, a 2C mag is closest I've found so far /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif.