Surefire E2E / E1E

lightemup

Flashaholic*
Hi all,
I would like some advice on the executive series of Surefire lights. I already have an E1E, and intend on purchasing a E2E defender.

Now, what parts might I want that will turn the defender into a standard e2e, or even an L4, considering I can swap parts over with my e1e etc. Also, in terms of a KL head, does the KL4 do as good a job as the KL1 in using 'drained' batteries that no longer bring my g2z into full brightness? I'm trying to make my executive lights as functional as possible (I take it there's no chance of modding them into a L2 etc?), and to see what they can do for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif.

If anyone can also enlighten me on exactly how a p60 / p61 lamp can be used on an e2e i'd also be very happy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Any recommendations (including reasoning?) would be greatly appreciated /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Thanks,
Cam

Hoghead

Flashaholic*
If you put the bezel and tailcap from your E1e on the E2D you would have a E2e.

If you put a KL4 and a Z57 on a E2e you would have a L4.

The KL4 will drain your batteries.

You could use a E2C and a classic series bezel(C2/M2/etc.) to use P60/P61 lamps in your E2e. You can get the E2C from DSpeck in the Custom & Mod B/S/T Forum.

Recommendations: Get a McLux PR or PR-T for your E2e. Use a Luxeon III driven at 700ma to 1,000ma. You asked for it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif