One of the most sold flashlights reviewed

MarkusFlash

Newly Enlightened
On Amazon and many other sites different traders sell a cheap zooming light powered by 3x AAA or 1x 18650. I gathers shiploads of positive reviews from customers and is sold under many different labels. It might just be the most sold flashlight on the planet right now. In Germany it even has it's own TV slot where they try to sell it for a very high price und the label Tac Light. The light is not a piece of crap for the right price and actually useful, however it has no low voltage warning and dims gradually. Here is my review of a light that we all will encounter sooner or later:

terryoregon

Newly Enlightened
if you do a search on Amazon for flashlights, then "Average Customer Review", you will be flooded with multiple variations of this light with totally fake 5-star-only reviews - like this one H-E-R-E. Look for clues on the reviews - as to why they are fake.

If just about anyone can contact a manufacturer and have them put their brand on this type of light, then I'm curious to know who/where all these are being made? Or are they obtaining the rights to use the original design - then having them manufactured by anyone who does custom/request manufacturing?

Last edited:

JoeRodge

Newly Enlightened
I always use reviewmeta.com before making any purchase on Amazon it helps weed out fake reviewers.

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I always use reviewmeta.com before making any purchase on Amazon it helps weed out fake reviewers.

cool tool.

I'd much rather have an algorithm analyze the reviews and give a verdict (in about 1 second) than having to look for clues as to why a review might be fake....especially when we have no idea what those clues might be.

Last edited:

JoeRodge

Newly Enlightened
Yep! Especially when it tells you why it failed in great detail.

Good call on that link Terry. Look, for example, what it found when analyzing Terry's link. Out of 400 reviews only about 47 were legit. It went from a 4.9 to a 2.8 out of 5 stars.

https://reviewmeta.com/amazon/B0775R5W7L

This tool has saved me countless times on Amazon. Finding out how real people feel about the product. Not a paid review or a vine review.

Last edited: