Nitecore bike light! BR35

Beckler

Enlightened
BR35_EN_01
I was waiting for such an entry from Nitecore. Seems obviously a response to similar Fenix BC30 models I would say. :) Like with that one, I would have wanted to see some side LEDs since its description includes urban light. Dual LED with diffuse reflection surface also seems very interesting! Main LED should have a beacon mode available - that way it's not glaring oncoming traffic but shows your presence. And XML - how old is that LED, like 10 years now? :D

http://flashlight.nitecore.com/ILLUMINATION/BL/BR35/

BR35_EN_01.jpg

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks really nice. Nice size integrated battery too. I wonder if it can run perpetually if plugged in to a battery pack. Obviously not on the high modes, bit it would be nice to run a fat frame mounted battery pack and make it last forever.

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm guessing he's referring to the beam. Like a car headlight is shaped to avoid blinding onlookers by "cutting off" just below the height of the other guys windshield.

I thought that was the whole point of the "city mode". It uses only the lower LED and is hooded by the body of the light. Then, when you need to see something out front you hit the remote switch just for a second.

For my purposes, if I'm riding in traffic there's usually enough ambient light that I'm not running on full output anyway. I've only got it cranked up if I'm on my mountain bike on the trail in which case I'm not blinding anyone.

It's also possible I completely misunderstood the comment.