C-Tek battery Charger Added to C-Tek Solar Set Up?

GrooveyGuy

Newly Enlightened
I have two units one is CTEK (56-677) D250S 5-Step, Automatic DUAL 12 Volt 20 Amp Battery Charger

I have hooked this unit up to my RV truck camper it is wired to use solar panels and also hooked up to my alternator on my truck when the camper is mounted on the back. That system works great! The only problem is that during the winter, the solar panels often don't get enough sunlight to keep the battery fully charged. So I want to add a float charger.

So I recently purchased a CTEK (56-864) MUS 4.3 12 Volt Fully Automatic 8 Step Battery Charger that I would like to hook into my existing system. My question is this, can I wire the 8 step charger into the two leads that I normally use to hook up to my truck alternator. In other words, the charger would simply be taking the place of the alternator when the camper is off the truck and parked for several weeks? I would like to leave the CTEK (56-677) D250S 5-Step, Automatic DUAL 12 Volt 20 Amp Battery Charger wired in as it is.

The automatic Dual is designed to accept alternator input, that I'm clear on, but I don't know about using those same input leads to hook the automatic 8 step charger to those input leads.

Any problem with this?

Thanks,
Jeff