Video review: Nitecore TINI keychain flashlight

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the fine review, and your English is excellent.

The Nitecore TIP will activate from lockout when both buttons are held down by leaning on them in one's pocket. In my wife's purse the TIP has not activated from lockout, nor has the TIP activated while dangling from a grimloc carabiner from my belt loop. It also possible that a person can forget to put the TIP back into lockout after use, and then an accidental activation can happen. Some consider these aspects a no-go for the TIP. Others do not but we also do not consider the nature of the TINI to be a no-go just because it does not have a lockout. Keeping it in demo mode has shown to be effective in that in the event the on/off button is held down accidentally, the light will go out in 30 seconds as you say in the video. It is advisable to keep both the TIP and the TINI in a lower mode when turning it off anyway.

The reduced bulk and weight of the TINI is quite handy and many would consider that much more appropriate for a keychain flashlight than even the TIP. The reduced battery capacity of the TINI has not resulted in a problem for my use, at all. I do not go around using turbo very much; no need other than brief checks.

The bugaboo for many is the 2, long, seconds it takes to get the TINI on, then going off in 30 seconds when a longer time is needed to fulfill some task. Like many modern flashlights, the user interface can take some getting used to, and this is no different. One option when light is needed for just a brief time is to just press the mode button for turbo. This happens fairly quickly. Then let the button go and it is off. Also, if a person is carrying the TINI in demo mode and wants to have the light stay on for more than 30 seconds, it easy enough to press both buttons after initial turn on. Two flashes will occur and the light will not go off in 30 seconds. After use, one can press both buttons until the single flash, then the light will go out in 30 seconds if you choose not to take the time to press the on/off button again to get it off. Pressing both buttons is easy using the index and third fingers simultaneously. Some people can use just one thumb for both buttons.

A couple of times while laying down with the TINI on a grimloc carabiner, the light has come on from prolonged pressure to the on/off button. Since it was in demo mode, it went off in 30 seconds. The metal part used to attach the TINI to key rings, etc, is smaller than the TIP. This works out better than the TIP in the sense that the flashlight is not usually dangling kind of sideways. It is a cleaner look. No way can the TINI tail stand, but it can sidestand. It is so small it seems the TINI really needs to be attached to something. It is somewhat slippery without it being a part of something else.