Bose Soundwear

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just wondering if anyone has one of these and how you like them? Decades ago I had a BonePhone and liked it even though it was only Am/Fm.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Never saw a need for the "neck speakers" once non-in-ear earbuds came along; these sit comfortably in front of your ear canal but don't actually insert, so you still hear everything around you at regular volume. Good models are only ~$15 since there's not a whole lot of engineering involved.

For the amount you'd pay for the Bose, you could buy some pretty serious studio monitor headphones and still have money left over for a large Bluetooth speaker..

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
My morning walks involve interactions with traffic. Ear phone/headphones eliminate surrounding sounds. I also dint live alone so I can still hear people in my home if needed, at my office I can hear staff if they entire my office to ask questions or put a phone call through to me, or while I'm listening to music on my deck at cabin or... I am not entirely removed from others if needed. I have great headphones, looking for options other than speakers that totally annoy bystanders.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
The Soundwear would absolutely annoy bystanders, more so than your cell speaker. Non-in-ear/"classic" earbuds are the way to go if you need to hear everything around you and your music at the same time. Offerings from Sennheiser and Edifier are under $20, and if you really want to see how far the genre goes, there's always AirPods..

Launch Mini

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you actually tried and heard the soundwear? I've heard people walking with earbuds so loud it is annoying 80 feet away. Others I've heard holding their phone in their hand listening to music and it's barely audible a few feet away.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
Haven't ever used or seen these neck speaker setups in public before, given that there aren't many reviews, it would appear that they're not a popular item. I'm not sure in what context they'd be useable; even if I owned a set, it'd be easier to grab the much lighter/unpowered/less disturbing/just as transparent earbuds, especially at one tenth the cost..