Lens Caps for LS and Arc4

Status
Not open for further replies.

carmel

Newly Enlightened
If anyone is interested: German-made, plastic press-on lens caps work wonderfully on both the Arc LS and Arc4. They're especially useful if you carry the light in a pocket with other things that can scatch the lexan lens. About one out of five camera stores seem to carry them. The sizes are:

LS: 24 mm
Arc4: 26 mm

They both fit like a glove. . . .
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
carmel

carmel

Newly Enlightened
No; I'd search ebay for "press-on" and "lens cap" and maybe 24mm and 26mm. Maybe a google search, too.

carmel

Psychomodo

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
carmel said:
They both fit like a glove. . . .
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
carmel

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm...my Arc4+ ain't got no fingers tho'! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

carmel

Newly Enlightened
I think the Kaiser brand are the ones I have, that work very well. Thanks for the links, too, mporter!

carmel

Skyline

Enlightened
Another option for you guys. I purchased black vinyl end caps from US Plastic in 1" and .875" sizes and they work wonderfully on the Arc 4+ (1"), KL1 (1"), L4 (1"), and LS (.875").

You do have to order a minimum of 100 each, but it only comes out to $4 for 100 of the .875" and $6 for 100 of the 1".

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=usplastic&category%5Fname=Plastic+Pipe+Tools&product%5Fid=Vinyl+Caps

100 41130 $4.00 .875 Cap ID; 1/2" Inside Lgt
100 41132 $6.00 1.000 Cap ID; 1/2" Inside Lgt

Mikhail

Newly Enlightened
Hmmmm wish Peter could including vinyl end cap in the bag with ARC4+ /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

carmel

Newly Enlightened
I should say also that my 26 mm press on lens cap also fits SF E2e and L4; the 35 mm fits L5 and 41 mm fits the L6 I once had.

carmel

Sprocketman

Newly Enlightened
I got a hundred of the .875 Plastics USA caps. They fit very very snugly on my LSL,
better after heating with a lighter flame. They are made of a tough but very flexible
plastic.

black.jpg

I don't like them as much as the clear ones I am using now, made from the plastic
tubes that hold drugstore glucose tablets. Sometimes I don't even need to
remove the cap, particularly when I want a more evenly spread beam for
close up tasks.

clear.jpg

So now I have a hundred of these little black caps, and can't ever in my lifetime
use more than, say, ten. If you want to try one, send me a stamped self-addressed
envelope and I will send you one or two of them. A business envelope will work, but
something a little heavier would be more likely to survive the postal service.
Postage for regular envlopes would only be 37 cents. The caps weigh .06 oz. each. Send you envelope to me at:
Randy Swart
4611 7th Street South
Arlington, VA 22204-1419

Better count off here, starting at 88, so we know if they go fast as 4x's. (edited the number 3/5)

Vifam

Enlightened
Sprocketman,
I received the little black caps. As you said, they are very snug fit. I'll try carry my LSH in my pocket now.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.