NITECORE -- Keep Innovating        
Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Lumens Factory E-series bodies

Default Re: Lumens Factory E-series bodies

Those E1 and E2 bodies look fantastic. The original E2 body clip less is on of my favís. Iím really looking forward to these.

Flashaholic*

I am just wondering if it was intentional to make the outer diameter of the front end smaller than any head diameter that I see on the photos?

Perhaps a smooth, seamless connection to heads may feel more comfortable

I've done a few searches on this thread and didn't find the answer to what I was looking for, so I'll risk being ridiculed for asking questions that have been previously answered numerous times due to shitty search-fu, but still ask away.

Are there any differences in the beam patterns between the KL1 style, KL4 style, and the Teardrop style heads?

I have been looking around for options to upgrade my older Surefire M300 Scout light, and my first stop was another brand's stuff. However, I can't really find any pictures or video of their beam pattern, so I continued my search and landed here on this thread.

I understand that if I went with the Nichia 319B in cool white, that it'll probably give me close to 700 lumens output (unless something's changed, the higher kelvin rating LEDs tend to have higher output). What about an estimation on the lux/candela?

Also, I did not see potted drivers in the head mentioned anywhere. Will the LF heads be tough enough to be used on a weapon mounted light, especially ones that will be subjected to muzzle blast and the shock of recoil?

Thanks!

Flashaholic*

Very good questions, I would like to know the answers as well. Traditionally the Surefire KL1 was a more throw based head with its square beam. The later KL1's and E2L-AA's that used the KL1 head used a reflector so the beam was more uniform. The Surefire KL4 went the opposite way, from a total room flooder with the original Luxeon 5 Emitter, and later Seoul P4 emitter that has less flood and more throw, to many different variations since then that focused more on throw than flood. The Teardrop style heads were always incandescent for Surefire, but they were more floody than the later incandescent hex heads. I have no idea how Lumens Factory has done things with the new versions, but that's how things used to be with the original Surefires.
    ampdude

I have a friend on the county SWAT team that upgraded his scout light with a LF KL1 head about a year ago. If it had failed I definitely would have heard about it.

I am just astounded at what Mark has done. Look at all that E goodness. Incredible.

I feel pretty guilty; I promised a significant purchase, and you know how it goes, money saved gets eaten by the unexpected necessary priorities. I am worried about stock depletions now. Also, I feel a little like a horse trapped between a bucket of water and a stream. Originally, I just wanted 5 HAIII Natural Elite heads with smooth bezels. The price is just right, but I still can't afford 5... or really any since or now. And I keep staring at the LumensFactory page for those with brass bezels. It isn't the shiny, it is the fact that brass is hardest and should resist bites far better than Al.

So I think when it happens, it will be two smooth brass HAIII Natural Elite heads, and two smooth HAIII Natural Al Elite heads, and a z52. The dream will come true. The dream will come true. The dream... will... come... true....

Quote Originally Posted by ampdude View Post
    Very good questions, I would like to know the answers as well. Traditionally the Surefire KL1 was a more throw based head with its square beam. The later KL1's and E2L-AA's that used the KL1 head used a reflector so the beam was more uniform. The Surefire KL4 went the opposite way, from a total room flooder with the original Luxeon 5 Emitter, and later Seoul P4 emitter that has less flood and more throw, to many different variations since then that focused more on throw than flood. The Teardrop style heads were always incandescent for Surefire, but they were more floody than the later incandescent hex heads. I have no idea how Lumens Factory has done things with the new versions, but that's how things used to be with the original Surefires.
    I mean LF's version of those heads, since Mark uses different LEDs than what Surefire used, and I'm sure he uses different optics or reflectors, I'm just curious whether the LF heads will have different beam patterns between the different heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Sully View Post
    I have a friend on the county SWAT team that upgraded his scout light with a LF KL1 head about a year ago. If it had failed I definitely would have heard about it.
    Is his weapon light right next to a muzzle brake or a compensator? I ask because mine will likely be, and those things will kill lights that aren't made to endure those kinds of abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by ma tumba View Post
    I am just wondering if it was intentional to make the outer diameter of the front end smaller than any head diameter that I see on the photos?
    Perhaps a smooth, seamless connection to heads may feel more comfortable
    The ones I send cubebike to test were the 1st Generation E1 and E2 bodies.
    1st Generation Surefire E1 and E2 bodies were designed like that, I just followed the original design.

Cheers.

Mark
    We will not fade silently into the night! Keep that hotwire burning!
    http://www.lumensfactory.com

Like us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/LumensFactory

Quote Originally Posted by SoSideways View Post
    Are there any differences in the beam patterns between the KL1 style, KL4 style, and the Teardrop style heads?
    Also, I did not see potted drivers in the head mentioned anywhere. Will the LF heads be tough enough to be used on a weapon mounted light, especially ones that will be subjected to muzzle blast and the shock of recoil?
    The different style heads has the same beam patterns because we are using the same reflector module inside.
    We might release different modules for the heads in the future, but currently they are basically the same.

Many customers has brought our LED heads to upgrade their M300 and M600 lights over the years, I have not heard of a single report to date that they fail due to recoil.

Cheers.

Mark
    Last edited by Mark@LF; 08-19-2020 at 08:43 PM.

I'm just bumping this thread, least I can do. Everyone should know about Lumens Factory's E Series offerings. Try E Series, will not be disappointed.

The E1 body with Elite head looks amazing!

Just got in a P60 to E Series head and a seraph head. Very pleased with the quality as always and will be ordering more of these E series heads.

I ordered these for spare bodies and dropins I had laying around and I think these P60 heads are more versatile than a VME. Itís fits and runs both my nailbender and Malkoff P60 dropins without any issues.

Now for the Seraph head, I cant get it to run anything on a Surefire 6p.

Any suggestions? Or are these made specially for seraph bodies?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark from Lumens Factory posts in this thread, so he'll know, and I vaguely remember reading something about it in a recent thread with a simple solution, something about a spring I believe. Point is, someone knows. I just looked, and searched, I can't find the thread or remember the details. It was a recent thread, not a few weeks old, requesting bargain 6P options, iirc.

Mind if I pile on the questions for Mark? He's pretty good with monitoring and answering.

I have been meaning to get a couple E heads (for a long long time, since the birth of this thread) with stainless bezels to complete two identical builds. I did not look closely at the pictures until recently, and noticed the stainless bezel finishes appear to be muted, not polished shiny. I was hoping to match the stainless bezels to my shiny stainless Malkoff clips. Is it possible to get a shiny polished finish on those stainless bezels? Thanks Mark.

Here are a some more photos.

The second one shows the big difference between lens sizes on tha E series head vs a VME.

ď Now for the Seraph head, I cant get it to run anything on a Surefire 6p. Ē

Well it wonít run a Malkoff without a fitting ring. Mine will rattle around in the head without one. But anything like a SF P60 or P90 works just fine in mine.
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Flashaholic*

I like the Surefire E-series style and earlier thought about some LED upgrade to them. But I have changed my mind and now want to get a few new incandescent modules instead. I am planning to get two heads and lamp modules: one 3V 40 lumen and one 3,7V 90 lumen. These to be used with E1L body and 3V primary and the other with E2L body and a 16650. Maybe I will get some 9V module for Surefire 9/12P as well.
    I find it very nice that the manufacturer personally actively participates in the discussion with the costumers at the forum. That is very rare and very much appreciated!
    Last edited by Swedpat; 09-27-2020 at 11:01 AM.

I celebrate your incan E choice. Some LED comes into the same league as incan, but IMO, is not in the same ballpark, not yet, perhaps not ever, and the only compelling LED choices I see for E is what I would term custom work from Tana, Malkoff or Oveready; worthy product, but it is an investment. Incan is still a cheap thrill, cheap meaning inexpensive, and handful of lamps or incan assemblies and decent Li-ion cells might very well outlast the user.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by night.hoodie View Post
    I celebrate your incan E choice. Some LED comes into the same league as incan, but IMO, is not in the same ballpark, not yet, perhaps not ever, and the only compelling LED choices I see for E is what I would term custom work from Tana, Malkoff or Oveready; worthy product, but it is an investment. Incan is still a cheap thrill, cheap meaning inexpensive, and handful of lamps or incan assemblies and decent Li-ion cells might very well outlast the user.

Thanks! I just placed the order for 2x E Series Elite Heads, 5x HO-E1A 3V, 40 Lumens and 5x EO-E1R 3.6V, 90 Lumens modules. These will be very interesting to try out with my E1L and E2L bodies!

By the way: a question came into my mind: fully charged Li-ions are 4,2V. Can they safely be used with the 3,6V bulb or does the cell need to be below 4V? I have as well 17670 and 16650 cells.
    Last edited by Swedpat; 09-27-2020 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by night.hoodie View Post
    Mark from Lumens Factory posts in this thread, so he'll know, and I vaguely remember reading something about it in a recent thread with a simple solution, something about a spring I believe. Point is, someone knows. I just looked, and searched, I can't find the thread or remember the details. It was a recent thread, not a few weeks old, requesting bargain 6P options, iirc.

Mind if I pile on the questions for Mark? He's pretty good with monitoring and answering.

I have been meaning to get a couple E heads (for a long long time, since the birth of this thread) with stainless bezels to complete two identical builds. I did not look closely at the pictures until recently, and noticed the stainless bezel finishes appear to be muted, not polished shiny. I was hoping to match the stainless bezels to my shiny stainless Malkoff clips. Is it possible to get a shiny polished finish on those stainless bezels? Thanks Mark.
    Thanks for the bump and support.

Well, on the shiny polished bezels: I am afraid that we will not have that, but you can use different grid sandpaper and wet sand the bezels to get a polished shiny look.

Cheers.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Swedpat View Post
    Thanks! I just placed the order for 2x E Series Elite Heads, 5x HO-E1A 3V, 40 Lumens and 5x EO-E1R 3.6V, 90 Lumens modules. These will be very interesting to try out with my E1L and E2L bodies!

By the way: a question came into my mind: fully charged Li-ions are 4,2V. Can they safely be used with the 3,6V bulb or does the cell need to be below 4V? I have as well 17670 and 16650 cells.
    Thank you for your order, support and nice comments.
    I found that interacting directly with customers is the best way to get in touch with demand for new products and also feedbacks that we can use to improve existing products.

Fully charged Li-Ion are 4.2V, we have kept that in mind so the 3.6V lamps are designed to withstand the higher initial voltage of the batteries so no worries.

Cheers.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyboots View Post
    Just got in a P60 to E Series head and a seraph head. Very pleased with the quality as always and will be ordering more of these E series heads.

I ordered these for spare bodies and dropins I had laying around and I think these P60 heads are more versatile than a VME. Itís fits and runs both my nailbender and Malkoff P60 dropins without any issues.

Now for the Seraph head, I cant get it to run anything on a Surefire 6p.

Any suggestions? Or are these made specially for seraph bodies?

Thank you for the nice comments, I am happy to hear that you liked our products.

The Seraph SP D26 heads are fully compatible with the Surefire 6P, but it was meant to run modules with the negative contact spring.
    So you will need to put a negative contact spring on your P60 module if you are running one that does not come with one.

I will consider including a negative contact spring with every Seraph SP D26 head unit in the future to avoid future confusions.
    If you need a negative contact spring, please email us over at the company email.

Cheers.

Mark

Some update regarding to E Series Bodies.

Thanks to the feedback from our field testers, I have green lighted the Gen 1 Classic E1 and E2 bodies to be 18650 and 18350 able.
    They will only accept the flat top single wrap batteries of those sizes of course.
    Internal diameter should be about 18.3mm.

Absolutely no protected and fat 18650 cells for obvious reasons, so don't even try.
    I'll see how many idiots I get from eBay that ignores the warning and say their 3500mAh super fat protected 18650 don't fit.
    If it gets out of hand, I will revert back to 17.3mm internal diameter for a peace of mind.
    I honestly don't have the time for that crap no more.

Cheers.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Mark@LF View Post
    Thank you for the nice comments, I am happy to hear that you liked our products.

The Seraph SP D26 heads are fully compatible with the Surefire 6P, but it was meant to run modules with the negative contact spring.
    So you will need to put a negative contact spring on your P60 module if you are running one that does not come with one.

I will consider including a negative contact spring with every Seraph SP D26 head unit in the future to avoid future confusions.
    If you need a negative contact spring, please email us over at the company email.

Cheers.

Mark
    Thanks for getting g back to me on this. I got it to work for now using a combination of springs and a Malkoff bumper oring. If itís ok I will add a note for a negative contact spring on my next order.

I am thinking of building a weapon light using a E to p60 series head and arisaka parts.

Thanks.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Mark@LF View Post
    Thank you for your order, support and nice comments.
    I found that interacting directly with customers is the best way to get in touch with demand for new products and also feedbacks that we can use to improve existing products.

Fully charged Li-Ion are 4.2V, we have kept that in mind so the 3.6V lamps are designed to withstand the higher initial voltage of the batteries so no worries.

Cheers.

Mark
    Thanks for the answer Mark!
    I just have another question: because I have the complete setup of the former Outdoorsman series I also have E2L AA model. So I can run the 3V 40 lumen module with 2xAA as well. Maybe a bit under powered with NiMh cells? But can I use it with fresh 2x lithium primaries? I think these are a bit more than 1,5V initial.

Flashaholic*

Mark - has the shipping situation (at least to the USA) returned to normal? I thought I saw a couple months back that you were processing orders manually.

I need to order from them myself but my last order is 38 days out and still not here. If I order from the site whatís the lead time?
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Im patiently waiting to order until all this nonsense is over.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Good to know. I have been thinking about an order, but if itís slow going, maybe I will do it now rather than later, and get the process going. Itís getting cooler out and all this talk of incans lately has me wanting to build a little E1 Pineapple to warm my hands this winter.

Just placed my order! Ooof, for $26 shipping I hope it doesnít end up taking 1.5 months. Oh well, either way, heís the only guy making stuff like this so Iím sure itíll be worth it. Got a HA-NAT pineapple E1P body, E1 head with brass cren ring, NAT Z57 tail and the 90 lms E1R lamp. Should make a fun little incan pocket light to supplement all my LED lights this winter.

Quote Originally Posted by Swedpat View Post
    Thanks for the answer Mark!
    I just have another question: because I have the complete setup of the former Outdoorsman series I also have E2L AA model. So I can run the 3V 40 lumen module with 2xAA as well. Maybe a bit under powered with NiMh cells? But can I use it with fresh 2x lithium primaries? I think these are a bit more than 1,5V initial.

I think you can run it with the 2 x AA cells.

Cheers.

Mark

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14171819202122232425 LastLast