The Fenix-Store        
Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212425262728293031

Thread: Lumens Factory E-series bodies

Enlightened

Default Re: Lumens Factory E-series bodies

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
    I'm using a 4" Maxpedition sheath for my E2e with Elite head and 5" Maxpedition sheath for my E2e's with a taller head like the KL1, KL4, Teardrop, etc...
    Thanks, I will check those out.

Here's my E2 running a Malkoff VME and NLL. Hard to beat for a 1-mode set-up.

Love how the light you created matched the multitool and the watch.

Cheers.

Mark
    We will not fade silently into the night! Keep that hotwire burning!
    http://www.lumensfactory.com

Like us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/LumensFactory

Flashaholic*

Dang, I am salivating with all the nice builds...

Still waiting for the 3 modes to be in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by akula88 View Post
    Nice!

Drool Re: Lumens Factory E-series bodies

Wow, that tailcap looks awesome. I thought that was E-series compatible SW01 style fatty at first. Can I put that on the wish list Mark?

SW01 fatty style about 85% scale of original for E-series.
    ampdude

Flashaholic*

That's what it is!
    https://lumensfactory.com/en/product_detail.php?pid=568

I was just being hopeful when suggesting a Z59 equivalent a couple of months ago, so what a surprise to see that, and so quickly.
    Mark said then that they had other tailcap options coming. He wasn't kidding!

Got a few of his SW01ís they really are fantastic!
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by Owen View Post
    That's what it is!
    https://lumensfactory.com/en/product_detail.php?pid=568

I was just being hopeful when suggesting a Z59 equivalent a couple of months ago, so what a surprise to see that, and so quickly.
    Mark said then that they had other tailcap options coming. He wasn't kidding!
    Oh danggg, you guys had to show me this! Last month, I received quite a large order from Lumensfactory. Now I'm going to have take another look and maybe put in another order...
    SF 6P, E1e, E2e, C2, M2, M3, Z2, HDS 60GT, Zebralight SC600w MKIV Plus. EDC rotation: Lumintop Geek, SF Titan Plus, Jetbeam RRT-0, SF E1e w/ Tana Nichia B219 TripLED

Enlightened

Quote Originally Posted by Mark@LF View Post
    Love how the light you created matched the multitool and the watch.
    Thanks Mark. Couldn't have done it without your hard work!

TBH, I didn't notice the coordination until you pointed it out. Personal style, I guess...

Quote Originally Posted by newbie66 View Post

Definitely some nice set-ups in this thread. I'm also waiting on the 3-modes LV. Should make for a very nice backup light on the 18350 bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by newbie66 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by CanAm View Post
    Definitely some nice set-ups in this thread. I'm also waiting on the 3-modes LV. Should make for a very nice backup light on the 18350 bodies.
    Just so you guys know, if you pickup a single mode head with the emitter that you like, have a soldering iron, are able to de-solder three solder joints and solder two existing wires to a positive and negative terminal, a H17Fx driver fits perfectly in the place of the single mode driver. Then you get one of Markís awesome heads with a fully multi-mode, multi-brightness programmable UI.

Thatís what I did since none of the 3-mode versions were in stock. Itís awesome. Itís a pretty simple and straightforward swap and it all fits together perfectly. Also, if you get the driver with the button style battery contact you gain a little more room in the new 18350/18650 bodies and can run protected or unprotected batts at will.

Last edited by ten5three; 03-30-2021 at 09:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by akula88 View Post
    Love the light, akula88.
    Looks like the light is riding on the bicycle, it is all made with my parts which is even better.
    Didn't know all the logos lines up, I didn't make them to be that way. LOL
    Last edited by Mark@LF; 03-31-2021 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ampdude View Post
    Wow, that tailcap looks awesome. I thought that was E-series compatible SW01 style fatty at first. Can I put that on the wish list Mark?

SW01 fatty style about 85% scale of original for E-series.
    Hi Ampdude, thanks for the support.
    It is indeed a shrank down SW01 fatty that is made for the E Series, it is already available.

This is actually a result of a mix up, I was going to add Tritium slots on this but the staffs forgot to.
    So this will probably be a one off batch.
    Future batches will have the Tritium slots and available in both HA3 Black and HA3 Natural.

Cheers.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by ten5three View Post
    Just so you guys know, if you pickup a single mode head with the emitter that you like, have a soldering iron, are able to de-solder three solder joints and solder two existing wires to a positive and negative terminal, a H17Fx driver fits perfectly in the place of the single mode driver. Then you get one of Markís awesome heads with a fully multi-mode, multi-brightness programmable UI.

Thatís what I did since none of the 3-mode versions were in stock. Itís awesome. Itís a pretty simple and straightforward swap and it all fits together perfectly. Also, if you get the driver with the button style battery contact you gain a little more room in the new 18350/18650 bodies and can run protected or unprotected batts at will.

Awesome legos, ten5three.

Yes, the head use a 17mm diameter circuit which is quite popular and it can be modded rather easily.
    I still wouldn't recommend protected cells tho as there is absolutely no standards with the length between all the different brands.
    So some of the longer ones can cause contact problems.

Cheers.

Mark

Any idea as to when your HA3 Natural bodies will be available?
    If i had one day left to live i would want to be at my workplace.Because every day is like a frickin eternity.

Flashaholic*

Awesome legos, ten5three.

Yes, the head use a 17mm diameter circuit which is quite popular and it can be modded rather easily.
    I still wouldn't recommend protected cells tho as there is absolutely no standards with the length between all the different brands.
    So some of the longer ones can cause contact problems.

Cheers.

Mark
    Thank you Mark! I haven't had the chance to post some of the awesome products I received but will follow up soon!

For many members, in regards to trying to accommodate different lengths of the cells, the problem is that the original e-series is based specifically for standardized CR123 cells with no positive spring on the light engine. This creates a lot of limitations as we now have varying lengths of 18350 cells (not to mention 18500 and 18650 cells), e-to-c heads with positive springs on the light engines, tail caps with varying internals with different spring lengths, etc.

To date, the only true compatibility is the thread sizing (even the thread lengths differ, e.g. E2T-MV head, edcl1-t tail, etc).

I think we've come a long way into modifying the existing E-series line, thanks to members like Mark who continue to develop parts per request. I feel lucky with a simple fact that we now have a production part that can accommodate 18mm cells with e-head e-tail.

Kudos again to you Mark!

Hi Ampdude, thanks for the support.
    It is indeed a shrank down SW01 fatty that is made for the E Series, it is already available.

This is actually a result of a mix up, I was going to add Tritium slots on this but the staffs forgot to.
    So this will probably be a one off batch.
    Future batches will have the Tritium slots and available in both HA3 Black and HA3 Natural.

Cheers.

Mark
    Mark, I had no idea you had done that, that is so cool. I just had to have some of those, and needed some more IMR-E2's as well for reserve, so I put an order in. I have an old E2D-BK Defender with the original version unreliable clicky switch that desperately needs this upgrade. I would really like to see an 85% scaled E series type III HA Natural version of an SW01 for the E-series in the future. They are much more common and would probably see more sales. I think it would be worth producing, a lot of people would like it for their E-series lights. I have plenty of E-series bodies I would love to put a scaled down SW01 style switch on with a McClicky. I would like a twisty version though too.

You might consider the "bakers hat" medium or SW01 "skinny" version as well, but I think most of us prefer the fatty or the bakers hat. The biggest attraction to me of the SW01 fatty aside from the looks is the ability to manipulate it well with gloves in cold weather. I think that's somewhat where the original design purpose came from.
    Last edited by ampdude; 03-31-2021 at 11:22 PM.
    ampdude

Quote Originally Posted by thermal guy View Post
    Any idea as to when your HA3 Natural bodies will be available?
    They are in the works.
    I found a new anodising company, so far samples has proven to be nice.
    Need to remake all the stuff so it will take a couple weeks, I am trying to bring them out as soon as possible.

Cheers.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by euroken View Post
    Thank you Mark! I haven't had the chance to post some of the awesome products I received but will follow up soon!

For many members, in regards to trying to accommodate different lengths of the cells, the problem is that the original e-series is based specifically for standardized CR123 cells with no positive spring on the light engine. This creates a lot of limitations as we now have varying lengths of 18350 cells (not to mention 18500 and 18650 cells), e-to-c heads with positive springs on the light engines, tail caps with varying internals with different spring lengths, etc.

To date, the only true compatibility is the thread sizing (even the thread lengths differ, e.g. E2T-MV head, edcl1-t tail, etc).

I think we've come a long way into modifying the existing E-series line, thanks to members like Mark who continue to develop parts per request. I feel lucky with a simple fact that we now have a production part that can accommodate 18mm cells with e-head e-tail.

Kudos again to you Mark!
    Thank you for your continued support, euroken.
    I still have many things in the works, just don't seem to have enough time for everything. LOL.

The most important thing for me now is to solve that HA3 Natural issue, my new supplier's samples came out well.
    So if the production lot turns out to be good, I can at least put that problem to rest.

Cheers.

Mark

Mark, I had no idea you had done that, that is so cool. I just had to have some of those, and needed some more IMR-E2's as well for reserve, so I put an order in. I have an old E2D-BK Defender with the original version unreliable clicky switch that desperately needs this upgrade. I would really like to see an 85% scaled E series type III HA Natural version of an SW01 for the E-series in the future. They are much more common and would probably see more sales. I think it would be worth producing, a lot of people would like it for their E-series lights. I have plenty of E-series bodies I would love to put a scaled down SW01 style switch on with a McClicky. I would like a twisty version though too.

You might consider the "bakers hat" medium or SW01 "skinny" version as well, but I think most of us prefer the fatty or the bakers hat. The biggest attraction to me of the SW01 fatty aside from the looks is the ability to manipulate it well with gloves in cold weather. I think that's somewhat where the original design purpose came from.
    Hi Ampdude,

Yes, I am making the HA3 Natural version of the SW01 for the E Series in the near future.
    I am planning to put tritium slots in them (which was the original plan), so the HA3 Natural version will probably have those.
    I might phase out the current version when the tritium slotted version is released.

A twisty version is a possibility, I'll see if the twisty internals that we have fit or not.

The "bakers hat" (Slim) and SW01 "Skinny" (UM00) will be released soon in the C/P format, I will look into shrinking them down for the E Series.
    Thank you for the suggestion.

Yes, I think the ability to manipulate the tailcap with gloves on was the original intention of the SW01's design.

Thank you for the order and continued support.

Cheers.

Mark

Cool, I like everything you mentioned, but I would prefer the HA-NAT without the tritium slots. Just my personal preference if you happen to do a small run of those for E. I'll have to take a look at the tritium ones as well, though I prefer my flashlights to be "tactical" so nothing on them that would give me away like tritium or glotube type stuff. I like to be a ninja sometimes.
    ampdude

Cool, I like everything you mentioned, but I would prefer the HA-NAT without the tritium slots. Just my personal preference if you happen to do a small run of those for E. I'll have to take a look at the tritium ones as well, though I prefer my flashlights to be "tactical" so nothing on them that would give me away like tritium or glotube type stuff. I like to be a ninja sometimes.
    I am happy to hear that you liked the upcoming items.
    They will not be the same thing the Surefire has tho, the "Bakers Hat" (Slim) will have Tritium slots added and will use the McClicky switch with a copper retainer.
    The "Skinny" (UM00) will also have Tritium slots added and will use a full copper plunger momentary switch with Beryllium Copper springs and silicone Switch Boots.
    I don't want them to be the exact same thing as an existing item, so I want to do what I can to add a bit of twist or favour to them.

I think I will make a small run of the plain E Series SW01 in HA3 Natural since you mention it.
    If the reception is good, maybe I'll keep it in production along side the Tritium slotted version.

Cheers.

Mark

Perfect for a slim 18350 triple and only a tiny bit bigger than the pocket rocket!

Perfect for a slim 18350 triple and only a tiny bit bigger than the pocket rocket!
    Wow looking real sweet, YC.
    Did you mod the Smoothie head yourself?
    That E2 looks awesome as well.

Been a long time since we last met, maybe stop by the workshop when you have the time.

Cheers.

Mark

Thanks in large part to this thread I've received some new LF parts this morning. I've had some Lumens Factory TailCap internals and lamps before but this is my first time trying out external components and putting a whole light together.

I'm really very impressed and I'm looking forward to trying out some more options in the not too distant future!

This is the E2P body, E series SW01 and P60-E head running the HO-4. Between the machining of the body and the shape of the TailCap this is probably the grippiest light I've ever used, it feels very secure in hand!

I also "upgraded" (not sure that's the right work going from LED to incan!) my E1B to run the LF HO-E1R. As you can tell from all of the wear on it, the original E1B has seen a lot of use over the c. 12 years since I bought it, but it doesn't play well with rechargeables so it was time to change it up. The smaller size is nice, too.

Finally a quick comparison of a few E series TailCaps.

Thanks for your help with this order, Mark. As you can see from both of these being incandescent I'm something of a dinosaur so it's great to have these options still being supported. Being able to put together a new incan light in 2021 is great fun!
    Currently looking for: SureFire E1W, 6PX 9/11. Any rare/old/unusual SureFires!

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest UK View Post
    Thanks in large part to this thread I've received some new LF parts this morning. I've had some Lumens Factory TailCap internals and lamps before but this is my first time trying out external components and putting a whole light together.

I'm really very impressed and I'm looking forward to trying out some more options in the not too distant future!

Finally a quick comparison of a few E series TailCaps.

Thanks for your help with this order, Mark. As you can see from both of these being incandescent I'm something of a dinosaur so it's great to have these options still being supported. Being able to put together a new incan light in 2021 is great fun!

Thank you for your continued support, Tempest_UK.
    Putting together an incan in 2021 is definitely fun, a lot of us over at the incandescent sub-forum will probably agree that you have actually "upgraded" that old E1B to an incan.

Cheers.

Mark

Enlightened

Stop it, you're making me want an Incan E setup...

Flashaholic*

Default Lumens Factory E-series bodies

Never been a fan of the full size sw01 tailcaps but these downscaled versions look really nice!

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ... 212425262728293031