Klarus        
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 141718192021222324

Thread: Lumens Factory E-series bodies

Default Re: Lumens Factory E-series bodies

Those E1 and E2 bodies look fantastic. The original E2 body clip less is on of my favís. Iím really looking forward to these.

Flashaholic*

I am just wondering if it was intentional to make the outer diameter of the front end smaller than any head diameter that I see on the photos?

Perhaps a smooth, seamless connection to heads may feel more comfortable

I've done a few searches on this thread and didn't find the answer to what I was looking for, so I'll risk being ridiculed for asking questions that have been previously answered numerous times due to shitty search-fu, but still ask away.

Are there any differences in the beam patterns between the KL1 style, KL4 style, and the Teardrop style heads?

I have been looking around for options to upgrade my older Surefire M300 Scout light, and my first stop was another brand's stuff. However, I can't really find any pictures or video of their beam pattern, so I continued my search and landed here on this thread.

I understand that if I went with the Nichia 319B in cool white, that it'll probably give me close to 700 lumens output (unless something's changed, the higher kelvin rating LEDs tend to have higher output). What about an estimation on the lux/candela?

Also, I did not see potted drivers in the head mentioned anywhere. Will the LF heads be tough enough to be used on a weapon mounted light, especially ones that will be subjected to muzzle blast and the shock of recoil?

Thanks!

Flashaholic*

Very good questions, I would like to know the answers as well. Traditionally the Surefire KL1 was a more throw based head with its square beam. The later KL1's and E2L-AA's that used the KL1 head used a reflector so the beam was more uniform. The Surefire KL4 went the opposite way, from a total room flooder with the original Luxeon 5 Emitter, and later Seoul P4 emitter that has less flood and more throw, to many different variations since then that focused more on throw than flood. The Teardrop style heads were always incandescent for Surefire, but they were more floody than the later incandescent hex heads. I have no idea how Lumens Factory has done things with the new versions, but that's how things used to be with the original Surefires.
    ampdude

I have a friend on the county SWAT team that upgraded his scout light with a LF KL1 head about a year ago. If it had failed I definitely would have heard about it.

I am just astounded at what Mark has done. Look at all that E goodness. Incredible.

I feel pretty guilty; I promised a significant purchase, and you know how it goes, money saved gets eaten by the unexpected necessary priorities. I am worried about stock depletions now. Also, I feel a little like a horse trapped between a bucket of water and a stream. Originally, I just wanted 5 HAIII Natural Elite heads with smooth bezels. The price is just right, but I still can't afford 5... or really any since or now. And I keep staring at the LumensFactory page for those with brass bezels. It isn't the shiny, it is the fact that brass is hardest and should resist bites far better than Al.

So I think when it happens, it will be two smooth brass HAIII Natural Elite heads, and two smooth HAIII Natural Al Elite heads, and a z52. The dream will come true. The dream will come true. The dream... will... come... true....

Quote Originally Posted by ampdude View Post
    Very good questions, I would like to know the answers as well. Traditionally the Surefire KL1 was a more throw based head with its square beam. The later KL1's and E2L-AA's that used the KL1 head used a reflector so the beam was more uniform. The Surefire KL4 went the opposite way, from a total room flooder with the original Luxeon 5 Emitter, and later Seoul P4 emitter that has less flood and more throw, to many different variations since then that focused more on throw than flood. The Teardrop style heads were always incandescent for Surefire, but they were more floody than the later incandescent hex heads. I have no idea how Lumens Factory has done things with the new versions, but that's how things used to be with the original Surefires.
    I mean LF's version of those heads, since Mark uses different LEDs than what Surefire used, and I'm sure he uses different optics or reflectors, I'm just curious whether the LF heads will have different beam patterns between the different heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Sully View Post
    I have a friend on the county SWAT team that upgraded his scout light with a LF KL1 head about a year ago. If it had failed I definitely would have heard about it.
    Is his weapon light right next to a muzzle brake or a compensator? I ask because mine will likely be, and those things will kill lights that aren't made to endure those kinds of abuse.

Quote Originally Posted by ma tumba View Post
    I am just wondering if it was intentional to make the outer diameter of the front end smaller than any head diameter that I see on the photos?
    Perhaps a smooth, seamless connection to heads may feel more comfortable
    The ones I send cubebike to test were the 1st Generation E1 and E2 bodies.
    1st Generation Surefire E1 and E2 bodies were designed like that, I just followed the original design.

Cheers.

Mark
    We will not fade silently into the night! Keep that hotwire burning!
    http://www.lumensfactory.com

Like us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/LumensFactory

Quote Originally Posted by SoSideways View Post
    Are there any differences in the beam patterns between the KL1 style, KL4 style, and the Teardrop style heads?
    Also, I did not see potted drivers in the head mentioned anywhere. Will the LF heads be tough enough to be used on a weapon mounted light, especially ones that will be subjected to muzzle blast and the shock of recoil?
    The different style heads has the same beam patterns because we are using the same reflector module inside.
    We might release different modules for the heads in the future, but currently they are basically the same.

Many customers has brought our LED heads to upgrade their M300 and M600 lights over the years, I have not heard of a single report to date that they fail due to recoil.

Cheers.

Mark
    Last edited by Mark@LF; 08-19-2020 at 08:43 PM.
    We will not fade silently into the night! Keep that hotwire burning!
    http://www.lumensfactory.com

Like us on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/LumensFactory

I'm just bumping this thread, least I can do. Everyone should know about Lumens Factory's E Series offerings. Try E Series, will not be disappointed.

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 141718192021222324