Typical Q3J = to what new color bin?

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, I need either 2 more Q3J's or 2 lux's close to the same color flux/output for a tri-lens mod.
Hasn't most of the Q3J's been pretty close in color? The one I have is very white but I have no comparisons..
That being said, what would the closest color bin be in the new structure? XO?

Should I just save this for when I make a 2AA mod and buy 3 LuxIII's? The thing is though, I want pure white output (no strong blue) and low Vf so the batts will last and deliver enough umph! (3D's). I don't really want to spend close to the cost of a 5watter for each LuxIII though...

1) So what color bins would be close (pure white, to maybe tiny slight hint of blue)?

2) Any advice for other options (luxiii etc)

Thanks... - IH.

gadget_lover

Flashaholic
The problem with the old bin (such as q3j) is that each bin covered LEDs that were lightly tinted as well as heavily tinted. Bin 3, for instance, overlaps W0, WA and X1 as well as some heavily yellow tints that are not part of an current bin.

YOur best bet is to determine what tint your current Q3J has and then look for the bin that matches that.

I'd recommend that you get X1 or WA. That way I'll be more likely to be able to
find the W0 that I prefer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Daniel

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah that's why I'm almost thinking skipping for looking for another 2 Q3J's and getting a Q__J with the new binning structure that is white or barely blue-white. Do you think I should go for 1watts, or just get LuxIII's?

1)Wouldn't an XO be more closer to white than a X1?
2) Would QXOK be close enough to my Q3J or would the Vf cause them to not be as bright when ran parallel off of 3D's?