Fenix UC52 or TK35UE 2108

colight

Enlightened
Hi guys.

You guys will probably remember me as being a die-hard Fenix fan, although I've been off the grid for quite some time now, and as I said before, I am open to suggestions about other manufacturers also. However, considering my temporary absence from the field I've been wondering about something. I know many, or most, of you people would recommend other manufacturers as well, but I like my Fenix products :grin2:, so in this light, from the two flashlights mentioned in the title, one of which is a new product, and the other an upgrade to a very popular product, which one would you recommend? Both have their pro's and cons, but give me your ideas based on personal experience with similar products, even if from other manufacturers.

Thanks guys!

:thinking::thinking:

proceed5

Enlightened
Between Fenix UC52 and TK35UE-2018 = I think I will be going for the UC52, I have a personal preference for (i) 2xbatteries flashlights plus (ii) diecast aluminum body.

They (Fenix), i think, may release a TK35-2018 as well.

Cheers colight

colight

Enlightened
Thanks for your input, proceed, and I realized when I read my original message that in the title I made the mistake I make so often - changing the 1 and the 0 around in the year.

I saw in Fenix's catalogue that they have the 2018 in there, and due to the popularity of the earlier TK35 in its various configurations, I am at a loss as to which of the two models I should go for, or even if I should just get both! I personally also like the rechargeable UC52, but there are so many good non-rechargeable products available in the market that the choice is not easy, and both of them have so many good things going for them. I'm thinking, and watching Fenix's progress on these models.........

:thinking:

Last edited:

Taz80

Enlightened
I like the form of the UC52 ( I have two similar Nitecore lights) It fits well in the hand or pocket. The down sides are the built in battery pack and the wasted second switch. On a light like this I would like to see a UI like that of the FD65. It's also very floody, only 5,200cd at 1000 lumens. The TK35 is a good light, still easy to carry although its getting a little big for the pocket. It has a more balanced beam than the UC52, and takes two 18650's. My only negative is the tail switch, for my uses in this size light I prefer a side switch. I would pick the TK47 UE over both these lights, I think it has a more balanced general purpose beam.

colight

Enlightened
Thanks for your answer, Taz. I'll have another look at it later, and study the available info on Fenix's website again, then maybe I can make a more informed decision when the time comes. I have been wondering about that tail selector switch of the TK35, but I guess that, once you've chosen your desired output, it should be fine. But, considering your recommendation about the TK47 UE, maybe I should buy myself another one of those. As I said above, I loved my TK47!

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just saw your question... Since i reviewed the latter and I am midway of writing the former's review, I would say....What do you want it for?

The Tk35UE I would categorise it as a wide beam search light.

The UC52 being smaller I would say it is a modern (very high lumen count) Utility flashlight.

Turned sidewaysit is not much different to a Ultrafire C-8 in profile.

the rest you will find in the coming review, next week.

flnder

Newly Enlightened
Sorry, I am an idiot, I meant the UC35 . It has the rear switch of the TK and it recharges any where a phone does

laharl

Newly Enlightened
Hi, which one u bought/prefer?
I'm also choosing either the UC52 or the TK35UE.....

colight

Enlightened
Hi, which one u bought/prefer?
I'm also choosing either the UC52 or the TK35UE.....

I've decided to rather get the TK35UE. The UC52 surely has a few things counting in its favor, like the OLED display, the fact that its smaller and lighter and has almost the same output as the TK35UE, and inner waterproofing treatment for the USB port, all of which make this light more suitable for every day use. The TK35UE on the other hand has longer battery runtimes, the batteries are easy to replace, the beam distances are longer, and then it has that new design tactical switch of which the average person will mostly use the lockout mode, much more of a tactical light imo. My choice will be the TK35UE, and this has nothing to do with it having won the RedDot award this year. That definitely does not make it the perfect light at all. I just like it more.