Thread: *** The First FOURSEVENS Announcement of 2018

Default *** The First FOURSEVENS Announcement of 2018

Hi Everybody,
    First released just now.
    Up on Instagram I will update links as available
    Available on Facebook
    Available on Twitter

ENJOY!!!!
    Last edited by Got Lumens?; 01-24-2018 at 04:58 PM.

Default Re: *** The First FOURSEVENS Announcement of 2018

Last edited by Got Lumens?; 03-22-2018 at 09:27 AM.

Interesting development.

I wonder whether this mean the future 47 product line going more boutique, or the Prometheuslights having a relatively more mainstream channel?
    Last edited by pc_light; 01-23-2018 at 02:45 PM.
    "may you live light and phosphor" - Mr. Spark

Flashaholic

Jason! Awesome!

Flashaholic*

wow. I've had a love affair with Prometheus light for quite sometime now. this is awesome

Good match!
    Jason certainly speaks High CRI, and has experience with importing Chinese lights, made by Lumintop.
    Now he adds Olight to his production options.

I'm happy to see the DarkSucks.com website expanding its product offerings.
    I predict more Titanium Pocket Clips and more Fancy Metal lights.

A Copper Beta started my Love affair w Nichia, thanks to Jason.
    The Beta/Worm head legoes with a Maratac and a Ti3 too

Great news and congratulations! I have about 15 of your ti 1" pocket clips lol they are wonderful. I still havent pulled a the trigger on one of your lights but i can see that changing now
    Granny shiftin not double clutchin like you should

Wanted: quark 18650 body and malkoff wildcat v5 5000k mtg2 head

Bring it!

Congratulations and much success to you, Jason! I had a big grin on my face when reading you were the new owner of Foursevens.

~ Chance
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

I could see that grin from here!.
    P
    Peter's shopping list:- HDS / Oveready 170N Exec/LE and an Oveready V4 Nichia Drop In. Otherwise I'm content. Want want want, that's me.

There's no mention yet of how Fourseven's previous excellent warranty will be treated, but many folks believe that, to use the valuable marketing assets of the old name/trademark, one should also bear the liability of the old warranties. Here is an example (in another industry) of cherry-picking assets that turned a dedicated/loyal customer base off. Hope Jason can avoid something similar.

http://advrider.com/index.php?thread...rranty.979661/

Personally, I've been very happy with the durability and reliability of my Fourseven collection, and that's why they have rec'd most of my flashlight dollars.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by reppans View Post
    There's no mention yet of how Fourseven's previous excellent warranty will be treated, but many folks believe that, to use the valuable marketing assets of the old name/trademark, one should also bear the liability of the old warranties. Here is an example (in another industry) of cherry-picking assets that turned a dedicated/loyal customer base off. Hope Jason can avoid something similar.

http://advrider.com/index.php?thread...rranty.979661/

Personally, I've been very happy with the durability and reliability of my Fourseven collection, and that's why they have rec'd most of my flashlight dollars.
    When the majority of the 47's accessories and parts were never clearanced I thought that was a good sign that the warranties would be honored. However many of those same components are now on a certain auction site.

Flashaholic* Crazyeddiethefirst's Avatar

Congrats Jason! When David said that the new owner was also a Flashaholic, my hopes were high. Now I know my hope was well founded. For any who don't know Jason, his QR lights and other products are awesome, he is well versed and likes high CRI LEDS. When I was a newbie flashaholic, I emailed Jason about a light I was building. Not only did he answer my emails(multiple), he took the time to educate me on several aspects. His quality assurance and quality control are excellent. I am still sad to see David go, and he will forever have my respect and admiration for the company he built, his uncompromising integrity (even in the face of being unjustly litigated by Su**fire), and the innovation and incomparable customer service. Like Chance, I am grinning ear to ear and that loud clap you heard was not thunder, but Chance & I "high fiving" from 3 states away. I can't wait to see where this goes. Thank you David Chow, for all you have done. Thank you Jason Hui/Dark Sucks/Prometheus Lights/Four Sevens for all you will do...

Quote Originally Posted by Swordforthelord View Post
    When the majority of the 47's accessories and parts were never clearanced I thought that was a good sign that the warranties would be honored. However many of those same components are now on a certain auction site.
    There would be no warranty on items purchased from a 3rd party. Typically how it was if You bought direct, the warranty was direct, If You bought through a dealer, warranty was through that dealer. You are correct in stating that any of the final clearance sales were all sold "All Sales Final", with no warranty. All warranty work typically required proof of purchase(an order invoice from your FourSevens account) to obtain an RMA# for warranty repair.

I'm sure Jason is working on this and many other aspects.
    It is good to voice your questions and concerns.
    They will be addressed and worked out through future announcements.

Thumbs up Re: *** The First FOURSEVENS Announcement of 2018

I must agree with other posters, this looks pretty promising. When my long time EDC ReVO SS died ( ), I replaced it with a copper Beta QR 1,5 years ago. I am looking forward to seeing the new Foursevens. It would be nice if David stayed in forums, too.
    In God we trust, all others bring data.

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Got Lumens? View Post
    There would be no warranty on items purchased from a 3rd party. Typically how it was if You bought direct, the warranty was direct, If You bought through a dealer, warranty was through that dealer. You are correct in stating that any of the final clearance sales were all sold "All Sales Final", with no warranty. All warranty work typically required proof of purchase(an order invoice from your FourSevens account) to obtain an RMA# for warranty repair.

I'm sure Jason is working on this and many other aspects.
    It is good to voice your questions and concerns.
    They will be addressed and worked out through future announcements.
    I'm not saying items sold either on clearance or by a 3rd party should have warranties; my thought process is that parts and accessories are important to fulfilling warranty claims.

I don't use Facebook nor Instagram only Twitter. I was once a fan but need more conventional means of contact. I like to read about it.

I will also be interested in seeing what happens with the warranty. I lost my old Quark Pro just after the site closed (RIP - it was my EDC for 5 years...) and found that my backup Pro is less than 50% functional (only low modes work, which ones work varies by voltage. Yes, the threads are clean). Never fear, easy warranty process... uh oh...

I sure hope that the warranty doesn't go away entirely!

Bravo!! This is like Gru joining forces with Batman.

This could be EPIC!!!!
    John 3:16

Quote Originally Posted by recDNA View Post
    I don't use Facebook nor Instagram only Twitter. I was once a fan but need more conventional means of contact. I like to read about it.
    You don't have to have a Facebook or an Instagram account, You can view only posts/videos without an account
    Jason's Instagram posts can be viewed directly from the home page of Prometheus Lights by Scrolling down and You will see the list of most recent uploaded photos/videos You can click on. Facebook You just click not now from the login/signup popup and You can read. Hope this helps.

I will add Twitter links, Thanks for the bump.
    Last edited by Got Lumens?; 01-24-2018 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Got Lumens? View Post
    You don't have to have a Facebook or an Instagram account, You can view only posts/videos without an account
    Jason's Instagram posts can be viewed directly from the home page of Prometheus Lights by Scrolling down and You will see the list of most recent uploaded photos/videos You can click on. Facebook You just click not now from the login/signup popup and You can read. Hope this helps.

I will add Twitter links, Thanks for the bump.
    My point was I prefer conventional text communication perhaps supplemented by pics on a webiste.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordforthelord View Post
    I'm not saying items sold either on clearance or by a 3rd party should have warranties; my thought process is that parts and accessories are important to fulfilling warranty claims.
    I knew exactly what your meaning was, and I thought it was very insightful.

Got Lumens?, Thank you very much for all the information.

~ Chance
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Congrats Jason! When David said that the new owner was also a Flashaholic, my hopes were high. Now I know my hope was well founded. For any who don't know Jason, his QR lights and other products are awesome, he is well versed and likes high CRI LEDS. I am still sad to see David go, and he will forever have my respect and admiration for the company he built, his uncompromising integrity (even in the face of being unjustly litigated by Suefire), and the innovation and incomparable customer service. Like Crazyeddiethefirst, I am grinning ear to ear and that loud clap you heard was not thunder, but Crazyeddiethefirst & I "high fiving" from 3 states away. I can't wait to see where this goes. Thank you David Chow, for all you have done. Thank you Jason Hui/Dark Sucks/Prometheus Lights/Four Sevens for all you will do...

~ Chance

This is so perfect! Can't wait to see new products.

Really interesting, I'm looking forward for what is coming ;-).
    My Lights (current EDC: Foursevens Mini MkII Titanium)

Though I'm an olight fan, I'll admit I only know foursevens through reputation. But I read about its closure and all the disappointment on the forum about it, wondered with the rest of y'all who the new owner would be. While at the same time I've been a fan of Jason's for a few years now, have a number of his items. Through his email newsletter I saw the announcement that he was the mystery buyer of foursevens and I was glad, seemed win-win. A good guy expands his business and a favored brand stays alive in good hands.
    Too many lights to list in the signature three line limit

Flashaholic

@HughJorgan: Agreed about Jason - he is a punctilious craftsman - his lights could be thrown to the sea-bottom and retrieved centuries from now in working condition I've done it...

Quote Originally Posted by wweiss View Post
    @HughJorgan: Agreed about Jason - he is a punctilious craftsman - his lights could be thrown to the sea-bottom and retrieved centuries from now in working condition I've done it...
    You’ve been to the future? 8)

Flashaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Tejasandre View Post
    You’ve been to the future? 8)
    Well, halfway at least. Felt like centuries. I'll explain.
    Dropped my Alpha Readymade running on "high" into a clear but deep lake from my guide-boat and nearly shite a stone. Looked down and saw it dimly waaaaayyyyy down - looked like 3,000' deep or so - marked the place with my GPS and shoreline tree alignments, took pictures of said alignments and came back in summer with my snorkel and mask and found it at about 17' depth covered in primordial slime. Washed said slime off, dried it off, opened it up, removed the dry dead 18650, inserted a fresh one and nearly shite a stone - it came back on where it left off. Felt like centuries not having that light and worrying all winter whether I would be able to find, dive and get it back...

Nice, for how long was it submerged down there, half a year?
    Move Through The Light .... With Caution
    My Collection.......... just click on me if interested

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast