Mclux PR-T BADBOY 611 GOES TO "GROUND ZERO"

ibewno3

Newly Enlightened
Mclux PR-T BADBOY 611 GOES TO \"GROUND ZERO\"

Hi guys,
I am a Union Electrician in N.Y.C. and have been working at Ground Zero on a Building that burned for 3 days on 9/11. this place is burned from the 1st floor to the 23rd flr. it is the worst place i have ever been in. Today i brought my E1E body with a custom Mclux PR-T BB11 head on it, and man let me tell you this little light lite this dark burnt place right up!!!! I could not believe the amount of white light produced by this led. it is truely amazing. It was worth every penny to buy a custom head for my surefire light.

ibewno3

Newly Enlightened
Re: Mclux PR-T BADBOY 611 GOES TO \"GROUND ZERO\"

This building is in bad shape the only reason they have not knocked it down. is because it has landmark status. I think it was built in the early 1900's. The front of the building still has the numerous open wounds from where the debris hit it and the inside is beyond description. It is being converted into an apartment building with 400 units.

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast

I know of one McLux PR-T / E2O that is in Iraq. But do to circumstances beyond his control member Solo73 has been unable to give a review.

There is a McLux PR-T / E2e sitting at a Marine base on the east coast. The owner is awaiting orders. When he will be deployed is unknown at this time.

ibewno3

Newly Enlightened

I got this PR-T from Litfuse and it has lived up to all of my expectations. The Guys at work were very impressed with the amount of light it puts out.

LitFuse

Flashlight Enthusiast

Man, do I miss that thing! I still haven't gotten around to assembling another. I have everything on hand, I just never seem to get around to actually doing it. Maybe I need to spend less time here, and more time actually getting something done?

I'm glad to hear that you like it though. I don't think you can put anything nicer on the end of an E1e. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Peter

jtr1962

Flashaholic

Is that 90 West Street? What a mess, at least from what I've seen on the outside. Everyone did a great job cleaning up the site. I remember what it looked like when I went down two weeks after the fact. While there is still plenty of damage visible on some surrounding buildings, everything's come a long way since then.

BTW, is the Deutsch Bank building going to be repaired or demolished? I heard there's a lot of mold inside the building which combined with the structural damage might make repairing it uneconomic.

ibewno3

Newly Enlightened

Yes , it is 90 west st. The Deutsch Bank is being worked on now, and i heard rumors today that they were going to knock it down. But there are so many stories floating around i cant say for sure that it is true. It brings back alot of tough memories working down there. But i am glad to be a part of it.