Princeton-Tec

Tribull

Enlightened
So I was looking around that store that ends in Bean, and I saw a flashlight that kind stuck out mainly because it was black and yellow but mostly because it was made in the US. The model is Princeton Tec
1 ampL. It's a plastic body, runs 7.25 hours on 2xAAA at 90 lumens. I was so excited to try it that I dropped it on the tile floor when I opened it. Never the less it worked fine, and has barley a mark where it hit the floor. It cast a nice wide spot with usable spill, bright white no blues on this one. It also comes with a cone that slips over the head for diffused light if needed. Over all I'm very happy with it, and will look to see what else they offer.

Strintguy

Enlightened
My brother swears by P-Tec for backpacking. They sell them in REI and other outdoor shops.

KuroNekko

Newly Enlightened
I own a Princeton Tec Byte which is a small headlamp that utilizes two AAAs. I really like it. It's got a low, high, and a red LED. The tint is cool white which is what I prefer. However, the neat thing about the Byte is the unique design and features which aren't too common in headlamps of its size and budget. It doesn't use a typical plastic hinge but instead has the lamp rotate within a bracket. This design makes it far more durable and less likely to break from drops or impact compared to other plastic headlamps. The other feature I like is the battery lock-out switch. It disconnects the circuit to minimize the parasitic drain. While the Byte isn't the highest performing headlamp, it does its job well as a lightweight close-range headlamp and I paid $5 for mine with a coupon Sports Authority sent via email a while before they all shut their doors.

Blues

Enlightened
I've owned several Princeton-Tec lights over the years and they've proven quite robust. (I've never managed to kill one, in fact I've given some away to friends who could use them.)

If I remember correctly, they will repair or replace any light under a lifetime warranty. Hard to ask for more than that.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Princeton Tec is decent, but I got away from using them after some of my lights failed.
Matrix l.e.d. headlight: Packaging said l.e.d. bulb could run on lithium batteries. After one or two sets of lithiums used, l.e.d.s dimmed permanently to about 1/3 brightness. Battery latch eventually broke.
Tec 20 flashlight: flat battery contact dented and bottom of light broke off.
Tec 40 flashlight: flat battery contact dented and made it so batteries no longer made good contact.
Quad headlights: crack developed centered in front of switch and grew down lens. Happened to several lights.
Apex headlight: pushing both buttons at once ruined the circuit and light started flickering.
EOS headlight: No real complaints on this headlight, it's one of the best and one of my all time favorites. However, I took a couple of these up Mt. Whitney during a flash flood and only one worked immediately afterwards. The one that worked showed signs of condensation on the inside. I guess IPX-7 wasn't waterproof enough to survive a flash flood. My Fenix HL30 which is IPX-8 rated survived.

Lessons learned from PT lights. Polycarbonate lights are brittle. Clasp type battery covers break. Super thin headlights crack.
Positives about PT lights: Many of their newer lights are regulated and don't use PWM for dimming. Many of their waterproof lights have a platinum catalyst to absorb hydrogen from building up when using Nickle Metal Hydride batteries. They have decent warranty service, though they seem to be getting away from lifetime warranties and replacing them with 5 year warranties.